Crown vfx2 Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the pots in a vfx2

those a quite high quality wirewound pots - usually not much of an issue - they either work or they don't. - they are also nearly impossible to find...

Did you per chance go through the capacitors in the unit? I rebuilt one of these a number of years ago - replaced all of the electrolytics and upgraded the IC's
and replaced 1-2 out of tolerance resistors (I'm looking for my notes - seem to have mislaid them - i'll keep looking) When I got done it was simply great. very precise in its waveforms- and really quiet. - though the panel calibrations are a bit off. (use a spectrum analyser to measure curves) I use it for listening tests to determine the crossover point for building up ESP - 2 or three way crossovers. - when not doing that it sits in my bi-amped system for my video & casual listening system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.