Avoid LittleDiode ! (UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I'm overhauling a french amplifier "l'Audiophile 50 W + 50 W" as describe in the French review l'Audiophile n° 1 new serie.

Amplificateur 50W+50W classe A (G.Chrtien)

This quite big amplifier (65 Lbs) was a kind of "French" Kaneda pure class A amplifier made by the Audiophile team (P. Johannet, W Walter, . . .). I got one 25 years ago and it's one of the best amp I've ever heard, far away above my previous Hiraga class A (20 W), kicking the bottom of lot of Mc Intosh - I know it's not a deal :D. . . , or a Threshold SA3 . . . sorry Nelson !

The amp I get has burn his left chanel power transistors including the darlingnots/drivers ones, so I start to inquire genuine transistors to fix and overhaul the amp.

I've found (sell as) genuine power transistor Toshiba 2SD718/2SB688 and genuine drivers Toshiba 2SC2238/2SA968 in a provider based in UK named LittleDiode.

LD 2SD718 Toshiba.jpg

LD 2SB688 Toshiba.jpg

LD 2SC2238Y Toshiba.jpg

LD 2SA968Y Toshiba.jpg

I paid 211 € for 36 genuine NOS Toshiba transistor and here are the pictures of what I received :

2SD718.JPG

2SB688.JPG

2DC2238Y-2SA968Y.JPG

Only chinese copies ! ! ! This are not realy fakes but true fakes ! With my PEAK Atlas DCA75 transistor tester I'made a quick measurement of the Hfe of the 2SD718 and here you are : 60, 40, 42, 44, 35, 55, 53, 65, 39, 51, 60, 38. These transistors, with their -O suffix should have their Hfe between 80 and 160.

View attachment Transistor 2SD718 MOSPEC.pdf

Since I paid with PayPal I've asked to send back my delivery and LittleDiode had no choice but accept the return, I made this post to warn you against them. They clearly say on their website you will get genuine Toshiba semiconductors, and what you get is those ******** chinese copies out of specs - fakes indeed.

Since those refs doesn't exist anymore as NOS, I'll order True Toshiba pwr trans (2SC5200N/2SA1943N) and ON-Motorola drivers (MJE1530-31) withe serious dealers as Mouser or Digikey.

Next time don't waste your time and energy and avoid exotic provider as LittleDiode. they are swindlers !

Regards,

Jérome

I get a lot of bargains on Ebay, but then, I'm selective and careful. I don't go for devices that have a high incentive for counterfeiting -I pay the money and buy from legit distributors. I also screen my searches by distance, so all the counterfeiters are generally at the bottom of the search. This is also useful when buying heavy items.

I myself have sourced 2ST5949 output transistors and they have shipped the fakes.
I have raised a pay pal refund for it too.

Please re-frain from the littlediode.
The over priced products advertised in their web site are fakes.

After opening a case with PayPal, they have asked me to ship the transistors back.

Took a chance with LittleDiode and bought a GI radio tuner chip for the dead Crown FM1 FM tuner.
it works :)
Yes sort of expensive but what would you charge to keep a part on the shelf for 30-40 years.
Better to pay the 20 pounds than throwing my FM1 in the junk pile.
Think of the cost if they have to do up test gigs to sample test all their stock.
Hopefully LittleDiode realizes that without testing as above there are the odd ones that do not fit the bill and who ever they got them from stiffed them.

Very disappointed of Littlediode's behavior.
Buied from them more Siemens BUZ71A for an old amp's restoration, and they sent me all BUZ not Siemens.
I return them the semiconductors but they oblige me to pay the return and new shipping.
Hostage.
I paid a very lot of money.
Not serious absolutely, never more Littlediode.

Very disappointed of Littlediode's behavior.
Buied from them more Siemens BUZ71A for an old amp's restoration, and they sent me all BUZ not Siemens.
I return them the semiconductors but they oblige me to pay the return and new shipping.
Hostage.
I paid a very lot of money.
Not serious absolutely, never more Littlediode.
Yes they are fake I got a refund with PayPal eventually , the seller though never agreed that the transistors are fake .
A real pain dealing with them .

I have purchased obsolete small signal transistors and ICs and had no problem. Yes the price was high compared with current production that you can buy anywhere but scarcity does drive up value and it was my choice.
A funny was that they advertised an "integrated circuit" number ECL83, so I purchased it as I was collecting them. Sure enough a genuine NOS valve arrived, and it worked!
I guess is, like many ebay traders, he just flogs what he finds, not necessarily knowing anything about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.