Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Anthology crossover components
Anthology crossover components
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2016, 12:53 PM   #1
Vex Arcenia is offline Vex Arcenia  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Anthology crossover components

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to build a pair of Anthology speakers. The problem is the components... I looked around for the specified crossover components, but I didn't find most of them.

--useless information, skip this if you want--
I live in the Netherlands, so ordering them in the US is not very economical to say the least. If I buy them from Meniscus it would cost me 326 euros (shipping, tax and import included), which is around about 360 dollars currently.
----

So my question:
Is there an audible difference between caps, resistors and inductors with the same values? Will the speakers sound worse, or will they sound better if I buy better / different components here in the Netherlands for the same price (326 euro / 360 dollars)?

I don't know whether my question is clear or not, I'm not good at explaining haha.

Bart
Attached Images
File Type: png Anthology Crossover Components.png (12.5 KB, 47 views)

Anthology crossover componentsHide this!Advertise here!