Cosmos Tokyo (tocos) RV24YG volume pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I purchased a 10 piece lot (2x100k) of these Tocos pots a while ago. They looked like a good buy, however I found the following regarding matching channel to channel:

3 pieces are channel-to-channel not really decent matches.
1 piece ok for regular amp, as long as you are not terribly picky. Certainly not good enough for a headphone amplifier.
4 pieces decent enough for regular amp and probably ok for headphone amp duty.
2 pieces were indeed superb matches.

This is kind of sad, considering the decent build quality of these pots. Of course Tocos only quotes something like 10% so no surprise...

I only really need 2 of them. Anyone in Europe want the one (or a few)? pm me if you are interested. Even the 3 duds could be used if you trim them (by-pass them with appropriate selected resistors). These are nice otherwise very nice 100k stereo log scale pots...

The sound is decent enough with them. I tried cooking one in the oven at about 120 degrees Celsius for a few hours, which seemed to help it with break-in time (don't try this with conductive plastic!)

Ian

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.