Strangest Cable you are unlikely to ever use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bolas:)

Got a box of similar from games consoles and the like over the years also got the full composite video and stereo to scart leads....
I have to admit the SCART is my favourite all time socket and plug combination design, all the features you want, crappy connection, to many pins, works loose at the slightest vibration no signal integrity thoughts what so ever, no real effective screening, crappy construction, wall mounted TVs had to be at least a foot (300mm for the civilised) away from the wall so you could plug the dam things back in when a fly landed on you telly and the scart lead fell out..........

Rummaging through a bin of old cables in work i came across a bright luminous green parallel printer cable with gold plated connectors on each end. One can only wonder why such a thing even exists.

Perhaps it gives better imaging, enhanced resolution, and a blacker background. No wait, jitter free printing with less dithering!

Rummaging through a bin of old cables in work i came across a bright luminous green parallel printer cable with gold plated connectors on each end. One can only wonder why such a thing even exists.

Perhaps it gives better imaging, enhanced resolution, and a blacker background. No wait, jitter free printing with less dithering!

That's the sort of thing, everyone will want one :D

One set of cables I have is a 10 ft pair of was formerly part of the wiring harness for an MRI machine. It's a solid copper copper ribbon, about 2.5 inches wide, flat, and covered with what seems to be teflon. Besides being a nice speaker cable it's a good conversation piece too when you want to show visitors just how addicted to audio you really are.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.