POLIDA2008 A Real Thi.ef on eBay! Fake MOSFETS!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi , i know i reply at an 5 years old thread but its there :) heres is my experience with the seller polida2008 on ebay

i have buy 50X irfZ44N from him
and 25X irf1010N from him

i have replaced EKV550 fets on a non working sony X plod car amp ,, the first time i have taked somes ekv550 from my old 800w xplod to repair a 1200w amp , but my old 800W was running fine before i remove his EKV

then now i have put theses NEW irfz44n on my 800W Xplod , and on a 11A 12V power supply was look ok and working ,, but fire spread off irfz44n as soon i have plugged in on a car battery ...

i destroy every things that i put theses parts in ,,,

for irf1010N , i have replaced all ones inside an m Audio 1000W amp and another amp , and they run so abnormaly hot that i have unplugged all this ,,

theses counterfeits parts is an nightmare ,, really..

theres is somes photos of the parts that ive buy from him ,,

**EDIT
i'm not able to post picture , when i upload this error pop up before the upload is complete
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Last edited:
Hello,

In the past I have bought some items from polida2008,

one of them was PLL servo control IC for my '82 DD Sony Walkman, obviously the IC was polished and remarked... but it works fine. Also have bought some BB PCM56P-J DACs, they all was remarked L grade, but after putting the external trimmer and trimming them, all was more than OK, and the price was more than good.

I am avoiding buying opamps and transistors from ebay/China, they are in most cases fake or remarked if they are not something very common, like 4558 opamp, or BC547 or something like that. For sure, diodes 1n4001 and 1N4148 have to be real... but for around $1 in local parts shop for 100pcs, I don't want to take the risk. Also have bough from Polida 50pcs Kingbright KB817 optocoupliers, received Sharp PC817... but it's OK - all were working :D

And, does someone know trusted seller for Digital Filter ICs like SM5813/SM5842/SM5847?

Regards,

Milen.

**EDIT
i'm not able to post picture , when i upload this error pop up before the upload is complete
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

You need to resize the image. The file is too large. Use jpg at 65%

You should know that copyright and pattents do not apply to china republic.

China is a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and as a condition of membership they agree to honour patents, trade marks/names and copyrights of any other signatory nation.

Somebody (the IP owner) must initiate an action to enforce IP.

No government agency (not even in the US / UK / EU / etc) does this for you, without you taking the initial action (lawsuit for private infringement, or in the case of commercial reproduction, notifying the authorities) who would then take appropriate action (customs importation seizure, law enforcement).

China WILL take action against infringement. WRT eBay sellers of counterfeit / infringing electronics components, the infringers typically just disappear and re-appear under a different name / business name. But, that is not the same as "copyright and patents do not apply to china[sic] republic", and is the same tactic used in Western nations by criminal infringers.

But if the owner of the IP doesn't do anything, well, nothing happens. And just like it does in Western nations, it costs money to enforce your IP in the PRC.

Last edited:
I purchased some 2SK30 jfets while back from the ebay seller polida, asked for pictures of said jfets and received what was pictured, tested them and they turned out fine with some variance in the idss values compared to the real 80's Toshiba 2sk30a jfets I had on hand.

Also bought 5 pairs of IRFP9240/240 mosfets and had no problems.

Now the TO3 On Semi MJ15024's I purchased was a different story as they turned out to be evident fakes which I got a full refund on.

I know I am a little late in this thread but after reading all the bad rap about Polida I was a bit anxious as I already bought a bunch of IRP9240-IRFP240 pairs and other high power transistors. Looking at them with a magnifier left me with a bad taste. Some of them looked somewhat ugly, not what I would expect from a big manufacturer (they could be some sort of quality physical rejects?). But...As I always test all devices _dynamically_ before using (and I am not nice when testing), the Mosfets seems to be genuine. Input gate capacitance, power drain, etc. I just did not test for voltage though, but AFAIK, they are genuine. Maybe it is a hit and miss with this vendor. BTW, the cost of the Mosfets are on par with Digikey and such supplier, so no big surprise there except shipping fees from these vendors is horrendous, while China is close to zero, the reason I went the eBay route.

Again, reading from other sites, it seems that Digikey et al are not free of selling fakes too.

I can provide pictures if you guys are curious.

Syl

And keep in mind. If you receive fakes, claim them and seller is difficult. Then you either need to ship them back or get proof.
This is a bit of a dead end as finding a JFET expert in our village in 3 days is hard.
Shipping counterfeit items with the Finnish post is illegal.
So claim them as non-working instead.
Spreading the information is very important, as many have already said here!

I have yet to buy genuine DN2540 depletion mosfets (i got working enhancement N channel mosfets marked as DN2540)
and 10M45S from Ixys, ALL FAKES and not working from seller "polida2008" AND seller "adeleparts2010"
Actually i have even bought fake and not working IXYS 10M45S even from a local store that was an legitimate IXYS dealer!
I have also bought working FQPF1N60 mosfets but with very strange capacitance readings from seller "icexpress"
Chris

Friends of the forum, I am from China, I am in the Chinese market, if you need to purchase transistors, electronic components in China, you can find me

You have suppliers, you are far away from China, then, you can ask these suppliers to send electronic components to me, and I will inspect them for you to avoid buying counterfeit or fake products.

I won't earn everyone's money (I am in Shenzhen, China, as long as it is a supplier in Shenzhen, then I can also go directly to their store for inspection)
I have been an electronic component for 14 years, and have extensive experience. For the inspection of goods, for me, there should be no errors (the chance of errors should be 0)

Getting genuine power transistors suited for audio from aliexpress, or ebay sellers located in China, is like winning the lottery jackpot. And when it happens it is always "I know the guy, so his second cousins uncles workmates brother, got some..." For some reason it never happening to me or people I know including e-buddies :). Working copies - sure, close (like 80%) to original part specs - rarely, as linear (h21) as original it - is yet to happen :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.