50K, 25K or 10K POT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there guys,

I have a very quick question. My local electronics store is pretty limited and yesterday I needed a POT really quickly to test if my original POT was faulty and indeed it was. The original POT is 50K and the one I tested was 25K. This is a volume / on-off switch pot and was wondering if I should be ok with replacing it with the 25K pot I tested it with or should I go online and buy a 50K pot from HK/DaBay

Very quick answer :) It will be fine.

However, not to badmouth any local electronics store, especially since the number of them has dropped to perhaps "1" in many areas, and they are convenient. But if the local store you mean happens to do business under a name whose initials are RS, I will just caution you to avoid letting your "quick test" become a permanent repair. Perhaps they have improved, but I was very sadly dissapointed many times using their components, especially anything mechanical, in my projects. To many VERY per-mature failures.

Actually to my surprise when I found them, it's an actual mom and pop full throttle electronics supply shop. Old looking but they have pretty much everything and more. They are expensive compared to online but who isn't nowadays. I bought Philmore mono and stereo switch pots as that's all he had

Actually to my surprise when I found them, it's an actual mom and pop full throttle electronics supply shop. Old looking but they have pretty much everything and more. They are expensive compared to online but who isn't nowadays. I bought Philmore mono and stereo switch pots as that's all he had

WOW! A real bona fide private electronics shop! Well good on you for supporting them!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.