Sure Electronics Apt-X Bluetooth board volume delay? Anyone else?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone else bought the Sure Electronics Apt-x Bluetooth board and having and issue where the volume is very low for the first 30 seconds of operation then immediately reaches full volume?

Sure Electronics' webstore APT-X Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Board Wireless Music Stereo for iphone PC

I'm building a boombox and worried someone will turn the volume on the amp up all the way in the first 30 seconds and damage the speakers. I sent an e-mail to customer service but just curious if any audio whiz's had this problem and solved it. Maybe it's just changing a cap or something.

Anyone else bought the Sure Electronics Apt-x Bluetooth board and having and issue where the volume is very low for the first 30 seconds of operation then immediately reaches full volume?

I'm interested in buying this module to pair up with a small digital amplifier board. What is yours connected to? Have you had any ground loop problems if it's sharing a battery with the amp?

Do you still have the volume issue?

This is the reply i got from their tech support...

"Thanks for your purchase.
Yes, we have found this problem and it may caused by a production error.
Here is the solutions:
There are 5 capacitances on the board. their positions are C19、C21、C24、C28、C30.
You can replace these 10uF capacitances with 0.47uF capacitances if you can do this by yourself.

If you still have any problems, please feel free to contact us.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,
Sure Electronics "

So those caps to replace are obviously smd and even more than one size not to mention i couldnt locate one of the...i only looked for a minute or so. That being said they reassured me in another email that the problem had been fixed and any new orders would recieve properly functioning boards.

I like this board otherwise. For integrating into a project i just soldered an additional led across the smd one and it works great, not too bright as well on power up it blinks and is continuous after making a connection to a device. The sound quality seems good but the range is poor compared to a bt-1a from parts express(the bt-1a also has a very anoying voice which announces when your device connects/disconnects). Another advantage of this board is that it runs on 12v dc which makes it super easy to integrate into a bluetooth boombox im putting together for a friend using a tpa3116d2. Not powering with a battery and have only been testing so not even sure if i ever powered it and the amp off the same power supply. I'll try that and let you know if i have a ground loop issue.

Last edited:
Another advantage of this board is that it runs on 12v dc which makes it super easy to integrate into a bluetooth boombox im putting together for a friend using a tpa3116d2.

Awesome, thanks for the update Johnny.
Would love to hear your battery results if/when you try that. :)

As for range, there are tips out there on the Internet that show you how to extend the range of a Bluetooth device.
Essentially, you're attaching a 4" long antenna wire to the start point of the internal antenna. Supposedly it fills in some dead spots the stock antenna can't reach.
It's on my to-do list for my USB APTx bluetooth dongle. Actually I already tried it once on another USB dongle, but destroyed that one while trying to remove its cover. Ugh.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.