DPDT On/ON?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DPDT ON/ON for A/B switch?

Am I correct in assuming that a DPDT on/on switch is needed for the A/B switch and all (RCA) jacks get a common ground?

Attachments

• abstereox.jpg
    abstereox.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
OK..... progress is slow due to summer activities, etc :)

I have one dumb question.

The wire that I used for grounds is a bit of overkill but it was all I had on hand at the time and..... it laid neatly on the bottom of the case.

However, the wiring to the to the DP/DT switch and RCA center pins need a lighter gauge wire of course for obvious reasons.
My dumb question is.....will the 24 gauge wire used in CAT5 cable be adequate?

BTW it just A/B switch to be used from my phono pre..... to either straight to my amp or through my resistive stereo to mono mixer first.

Attachments

• a_b sbx1z.jpg
    a_b sbx1z.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 122
For small amounts of smaller wire in various colors, you can often steal the wire harness out of some dead piece of gear. Sometimes I strip down an old VCR or cassette deck to the last little screw, just as calming therapy. many times they have a variety of colored wires. Old TV, whatever.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.