KLEI Copper/Silver®Harmony Phono/RCA Plug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You, and your competition at WBT have changed RCA connectors so much that they should not be called RCA connectors anymore. RCA plugs and socket are so bad design that they should have been replaced with something better a long time ago. Your plugs and WBT Nextgen are examples
of how RCA connectors turned to some form of old DIN connectors, which BTW are much better than RCA. Pure copper is too soft for long lasting contacts forces.

I don't have any thoughts or impressions on the plug itself, but I found the write-up on the website highly amusing. As usual with this sort of stuff, it is unclear to me whether the writer actually believes what he has written or merely hopes his potential customers will believe it.

Given that elsewhere on this website it has been shown that mud makes quite a reasonable interconnect conductor then any obsessing about copper conductivity could be regarded as a symptom of OCD.

The RCA connector design does have a grounding design fault, but this is not the alleged "eddy current turbulence" mentioned in the write-up but the simple fact that the two conductors usually make and break in the wrong order. Unfortunately, changing this means a total redesign to a new standard.

By the way, should not this be in the commercial area of the site?

Hi KLe, well I have given them (the Copper and Silver Harmony) a try and they are excellent, definitely better than the Bullet plug (Copper or Silver).

From the results I am hearing, I would agree with these reviews. They appear to be quite accurate...
Copper®Harmony RCA Plug Review | Reviews, Interconnects, Interconnect Connectors, Copper Harmony RCA | Photography +
Silver®Harmony RCA Plug Review | Reviews, Interconnects, Interconnect Connectors, Silver Harmony RCA | Photography +

They have more resolution, PRaT, timbre, micro detail, and bass and treble extension...very nice
smile.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.