Ultra low noise dual jfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

A Gm of 750 mS looks a bit high indeed. Here is a bit more about the chip:

http://www.interfet.com/pdf/P_NJ3600L.pdf

No need to e-mail Interfet, they simply will give you not more info than what is on the WEB-site.

Note that this is simply a very large area jfet-chip that acts like many smaller jfet-chips in parallel. The large input capacitance is not an issue IMHO regarding the 50-100 ohms resistance involved with MC amps.

I got this hint from an old colleague at the University of Delft. For that 500 bucks you get app 25 fets. It is excluding VAT and duties. Interfet does not keep them them in stock, they produce on order. He measured a real 0.7 nV/sqrt(Hz) at 10 Hz and room temperature. He has still a lot in his drawer but refuses to sell me a pair :bawling:

At the moment I use the 2SK389’s but these become rare and expensive nowadays. Also these are not well tailored to low source resistances regarding noise.

Cheers ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.