Diode bridge rectifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you anyone help me to find diode bridge rectifier like on that picture:
attachment.php

In most cases you can find it at vintage audio amplifiers.

Attachments

• Bridge-Rectifier.jpg
    Bridge-Rectifier.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 810
There are lots of bridge rectifiers that look like that (RS606) accept I have never seen one that has the AC inputs on the outside of the package , everyone i have seen has the AC inputs on the two inside pins and the DC on the outside pins , I suppose if you need one with the AC on the outside pins you can insulate the pins with heatshrink and then bend them into the position you need ......

cheers

The Picture in your post has the AC on the inside pins but you labeled them differently .....

Like me and Enzo suggested , if you need AC on the outside pins just insuleate the pins with heatshrink and bend them into the desired position , Rectifiers like the RS606 have long and very thick pins so it is easy to bend the pins into any position and not worry about them breaking because of vibration fatigue .....

I also second "KatieandDad" suggestion in just making a bridge out of diodes .... When i build my Guitar tube preamp I needed a high voltage inline bridge rectifier but didn"t have one so I used 4 Diodes soldered it together P2P and used that as my diode bridge and it works well ......

Cheers

Looks like a standard case from the image with the AC on the inner two pins and + marked with the cut corner.

I have several. This is the only variation I know and the cut corner denotes the +pin. The package is used for various voltages and currents check your local supplier. CPC for example have several like this Rectifier

here are some more Surplectronics

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.