NEED help power supply question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can any one tell me if there is a problem with this power supply layout. ?

im trying to build to cap banks one for each channel . but using one transformer.

Attachments

• psu9 .jpg
    psu9 .jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 180
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
wait wait...

fix the bridge orientation or you'll ruin something..

I'm not sure from your response that you understood me..

I said "yes" there is a problem..

The double cathode band part of each bridge must be to the positive of the capacitor bank..

Your schematic does not show that..

Sorry if I'm re-hashing what you already know, but I don't want you to blow sumptin up..

Sully

Please remember that the schematic i posted was just a simple layout to ask about the bridge rectifiers layout and wiring. i know how to use them and hook them up i was just asking if it will cause any problems piggy backing 2 of them. i know the pos and neg's of the bridge and the 2 ac's one's. if you want a close up let me know ill show you. : O )

actual i just hooked up the transformer i have and up to this new cap bank. and it is 43.8v 0 43.9v

I'm using a Plitron 500va tranny with extra shielding.

Im hoping that these freds your sending me peter will work with this setup.. as i want to build the best psu for my little blue amp's that i have here. ; O )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.