Where to buy a 10K Vertical Trimpot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I need two 10K vertical trimpots (to replace blown units) - simple single turn PCB mounting trimpots. Can I find them? Mouser? Anywhere USA? Nope :( Taiwan, UK etc yes ...

10K ohm Vertical PCB Preset/Variable/Trimmer Potentiometer/Pot Resistor 10K | eBay

Can anyone point me to a US supplier who will sell just 2 units please. I thought these would be sooooo easy to find - they must be out there somewhere.

Thanks, Mike.

Hello KatieandDad and thanks for getting back to me. I guess you must be in the UK. The pot I need looks exactly like the one in the eBay auction. I looked at Cricklewood - I seem to remember the company from when I lived in England way back when - and they did have a 10K pot but it looks physically smaller than the one it is to replace. I also did try RS (used a lot of their items back then for radio gear) but in the USA the Part No. 691-6721 isn't known. I don't know why, maybe they just don't use good old-school vertical pots is the US anymore. The eBay item is the one I posted the link to (above) ... again it's in the UK but not the USA. Really I have looked around the usual electronic parts suppliers on this side of the pond and simply cannot find a pot like the one illustrated in the linked image. This just isn't cricket is it, but then again I don't live anywhere near to The Oval these days :)

Thanks again and my very best regards to yourself and all, Mike.

Hello KatieandDad and thanks for getting back to me. I guess you must be in the UK. The pot I need looks exactly like the one in the eBay auction. I looked at Cricklewood - I seem to remember the company from when I lived in England way back when - and they did have a 10K pot but it looks physically smaller than the one it is to replace. I also did try RS (used a lot of their items back then for radio gear) but in the USA the Part No. 691-6721 isn't known. I don't know why, maybe they just don't use good old-school vertical pots is the US anymore. The eBay item is the one I posted the link to (above) ... again it's in the UK but not the USA. Really I have looked around the usual electronic parts suppliers on this side of the pond and simply cannot find a pot like the one illustrated in the linked image. This just isn't cricket is it, but then again I don't live anywhere near to The Oval these days :)

Thanks again and my very best regards to yourself and all, Mike.

Most companies will send to the US. If not let me know and I'll act as intermediary.

Many thanks KatieandDad, that's very kind of you and much appreciated. It's my understanding that the eBay seller will ship to the US ... I just thought it more than odd that I can't seem to find a common or garden 10K vertical pot anywhere online in the US - tons of miniature multi-turn but few of the 'older' type and size.

As for sizes: most trimmer pots seem to be 3/8" across but the old ones in this circuit are 3/4" across: I assume they're 0.5W items. I just wish I had a schematic but it's a very vintage amp I'm working on - sans schematic - and I'm treading as safely as I can.

Best regards, Mike.

DO yourself a favor, contact the sellers you use and request the paper catalog. Mouser has a huge one. In itt, you turn to the passives section, within that, the pots, and within that the trim pots. Now leaf page by page, looking at the pictures. Far easier than going to the online search and opening data sheet after data sheet looking for your shape. You particular pot may not have a specific namke that a search engine can home in one, but the pictures will tell you fast.

And remember, that while YOU may be looking for a 5/8" pot, the catalog may be offering 16mm pots, so don;t get overly technical in your specs.

WIll this VERY common type sold by Mouser fit your board holes?
http://www.ctscorp.com/components/Datasheets/201.pdf

These come up as obsolete, 10mm (3/8")
http://bitechnologies.com/pdfs/38.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.