pimp my PSU or not to pim my PSU?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello,
I'm planning to build a Leach Amp, and I'm now working on the PSU.
My question is whether it's worth to invest some bucks for a better engineered PSU.

Considering it's a class AB amp, would one of the two following option be more appropriate than the standard "transformer - rect. bridge - cap (1x 10000uF per channel)" approach?

The two other options I have in mind are these:

option 1:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

option 2:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks a lot for your help
Ale

The second supply is the better one, but you should decrease the series resistors to 0R22 which will be much smaller than the typical power supply effective resistance. It can have a remarkable effect on reducing ripple and high frequency noise content. And use lots of capacitance after these resistors for reducing the corner frequency of the resulting low pass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.