Off the shelf PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems to me that some circuits are just so common that someone should be selling off-the-shelf circuit boards. For instance a power supply board that will accept a TO-220, caps, resistors, diodes etc for a simple power supply is probably out there for sale somewhere. Does anyone know of a source for such a board? I've tried mouser, allied and ebay without finding anything.

you will want to search for kits - often the pcb are available separate

but there are large variation in appications so there are no "universal" power supply or amp project pcb

for the ~1 dozen part circuit you should learn point-to-point prototyping techniques - "vero" "perf boards" some just have holes, others have power bus, solder pad patterns - these can be "permenant" - often used inside custom test/calibration rigs at "real" companies

Well, I have and will continue to do the point to point thing.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It's just that I'm lazy and it seemed like with 9000 circuit boards offered on ebay, some of those would be DIY freindly boards for something as common as a power supply. For instance Tim Millet offers a very inexpensive and versatile PCB for a common design of a push pull tube power amp.

BTW, I did that years ago and only used it for a short while. Looking at the photo I see that I used the wrong side of the card!!! The learning curve is steep. :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.