Bluebell Audio

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, as I was wondering if anyone has bought anything from Bluebell Audio in Dundee recently.

B.A.'s Philip has been of the greatest help in explaining to me the ins and outs of what I was buying, drawing circuits for me and making sure I don't spend my money on unnecessary parts. He's always been ready to have long talks on the 'phone and help out, but I'm still waiting for a few parts to rebuild my pre-amp and haven't been able to get in contact with him for almost a year, either by e-mail or 'phone.

I wondered if anyone else on this fine community has bought anything or heard from him recently as I'm getting rather concerned about his lack of response. I apologise if this is the wrong place to post but I didn't see a 'lost and found' section!

I'm also a bit worried about Phil at the moment.

We had been speaking on and off for some time this past years. I sent him the money for a pair of KT88s and we were in the middle of finalising the details of the build.

I wasn't available to speak to for a while, but recently have been phoning him most days. The answer phone is still on but he's not been able to pick up.

If anyone has another way of checking he is OK please do so.

That's great news. I haven't ever been to his shop, but may be going to Dundee in the next few weeks so could drop by.

It must be lovely having a mail-order business on a small enough scale that your customers are genuinely concerned when you're not around. I know Phil has been the gatekeeper to what looks to be a life-long hobby for me, which all stemmed from a chance remark on a review for a Teac CD player that led me to valves! He certainly has my gratitude and good wishes. I know I recommend him to everyone who expresses a vague interest in my amplifiers...

Yeah he was pretty sick for quite a while but is getting better. Won't go into any more details in public but I have spoken to him this week.

Considering his condition he may well just be dealing with existing customers and loose ends, and not engaging in any new business for the time being.

restoore my faith in human beings

this is the first time ive posted anything here so ere goes.
telephoned blue bell Audio on me mobile tother night and just answering machine. low and behold ten minutes later me blower rang with the keen &concerned northern voice of a gentleman calling himself by an name of philip.
all I can state is what a thoroughly genuine caring helpful individual that guided me through the issues of wanting to build a rather monster of 270Watt 8PPP KT88based 40% UL screen taps in regard to prcurement of the necessary items also giving me the advice of excluding the need for a front end choke input filter,steering towards perhaps the inclusion of say two smaller chokes filtering e supply further downstreem.
anyway ill blow BlueBells Audio Trumpet any time of the day.Keep it up phil!:hohoho::hohoho::hohoho::eguitar::eguitar:

Absolutely no question that Phil is an absolute gem, that's why we are so concerned about him.

Just left another answer phone message calling time on our deal. It's been too long now, I know he's been unwell but something has to give at some point. Hopefully I'll get a reply from him considering others have been able to get through in recent weeks.