Bluebell Audio

Interesting stuff from Carl. As mentioned when I started this thread, I was dealing with the Dundee Phil Ramsay of Bluebellaudio.com, and had no idea about this Facebook Bluebell. I see a search result for it, but not being a Facebook member I can't see the page.

Certainly Phil got me started on this hobby and was nothing but helpful, even to discounting parts when I was a student. I understood he had some kind of serious illness, but seems to be back in the saddle now. I haven't had need to buy things for some years, but it seems something happened in the interim.

lurcher300b - was that the 'Real Phil'? Perhaps he's been too generous.

Gentlemen, an update.

I've been holding off from commenting as Phil has called me and has sent photos of my completed pre amp, it looks very good. He tells me that he is waiting on an order of 6SN7s from the US to properly test it and that I can expect delivery soon..

I'm sorry to say that I still remain to be entirely convinced. When I have the amp in my hands then that will be great. I've still got the completed form 3a and I've even told the Dundee trading Stds to stand down for a month to give him a chance.

Waiting 3.5 years now, all paid for up front.

I did see a Facebook link to a different Bluebell, not had any contact with them as I don't use FB.

Carl, I'll pm you and copy some of the emails I have from Phil, the whole Facebook thing is a red herring. I've paid for my amp upfront and sent parts to Phil's address in Dundee, he has confirmed receipt of my money and the parts via email.

Since you've got involved Phil has disappeared, this situation needs to be fixed.

I still need to get the pre amp that I was sent photos of earlier this year.

I think you may be missing the point. Phil can be (And I think is) a very knowledgeable and helpful and hugely chatty person and also he gets himself into financial positions where he borrows money or accepts payment for jobs and then finds himself in a position where he cant pay back or finish the job and his response to that is to shut down and hope it all goes away.

Its not a black or while thing, its a black and white thing.

Enough already...

Stop with that stuff guys, sheesh. Some things are more important than nagging the hell out of someone in less-than-fortunate circumstances, or anybody for that matter. Hounding the poor guy doesn’t help anybody. Go do something else, find another solution maybe. Harassing rarely ends in satisfaction.

I just called this fool and threatened him again. Told him that £1100 is enough for me to warrant flying up there, booking into a hotel and spending a few days finding him.

All this is news to me.

I have been ordering transformers and chassis from Bluebell on and off since late 2017. Every time delivery has been prompt. I had no idea that there were issues and only found this thread when putting together another order.

A sole trader who has an illness is in a very difficult position. I can imagine everything getting messed up. Communication is key so there ought to be updates on his website. I am not sure I would want to answer a phone with ranting customers until I knew I could sort things out.