Bluebell Audio

Thankfully not everyone thinks like you Nico, your observation is pure speculation and not obvious at all. I have had several successful transactions with Phil, and he's probably one of the most knowledgeable and trustworthy tube guys on the planet.

Phil has been seriously ill, he picked up an infection whilst in hospital which was even more serious than the original illness. For all we know he could actually be dead by now as I still haven't heard from him.

Rather than 'spending my cash' as you put it, I know for a fact that all my bits were sat in a box waiting to get on their way to me. Phil was kindly trimming some terminal strips for me when he fell ill again,

Last edited:
I suggest you speak to Eric, the new owner at Bluebell. Phil is out of the business, and facing his last days with a serious amount of dignity IMO.

I had some contact with Phil this summer and then he went quiet one last time, so after almost 2.5 years I lost my dignity and threatened Eric with legal action as my contract is with the company and not any particular individual. A week later all my trafos and caps arrived with the rest of the parts for my KT88s on their way once Phil has sold some guitars.

I have heard nothing whatsoever. I got half of the parts needed for my project about a year ago and spoke to Phil over the summer where again I was promised that the rest of the bits had been ordered. Sadly he only phones me very late at night and didn't leave a contact number last time we spoke so I am also at the mercy of this Eric guy completely ignoring emails.