100 Reasons to go to IKEA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your wife loves to go to IKEA, right? Well here we can collect all the reasons for you to eagerly participate in her shopping interests. I´m not sure we can manage 100 reasons, but let´s have a go!

I´ll start the count to one hundred, by presenting my inspiration for a trip to IKEA today:

#1: Spherical salad bowl speakers posted Here The kitchen department just got a lot more interesting :D

Reason #3 Spherical candle holder, called NÄSSJÖ. It fits perfectly as a base for a GU-32 dual tetrode power tube. It is thin walled aluminum so there is room for electronics inside. Diameter: 14 cm Height: 11 cm
Get your inspiration here: Electronluv

Reason #4 NÄSSJÖ in a smaller version suitable for a driver tube such as the 12AT7 in this case. Lets say you had an RCA connector in the bottom and a volume knob in the front.

Then mount the whole thing to a polished chassis containing transformers etc. :cool:

Attachments

• SNC13370.JPG
    SNC13370.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,773
  • SNC13373.JPG
    SNC13373.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,687
Joined 2007
Paid Member
My favorite so far:

EXPEDIT Shelving units. They are perfect for LP storage. The cubes are deeper than the records, something which I have found hard to find except in the expensive made-for-LP units.

Ken

+1 for the EXPEDIT. I have the 4 X 2 turned horizontally and braced at the back for stability. Love it.

I'll also add:

Reason #5: BILLY wall shelves for CD storage.

Matt

Ah yes, I have seen some counter tops used over on the Hawthorne Silver Iris site as well!

Reason #7 I used stainless steel shelf brackets for new feet on my Magnepan SMGa´s
This was some years ago, and this model of bracket has since been replaced by other interesting candidates.

#8 And by the way I made speaker cable stoppers out of Grundtal clothes hangers that I mounted on top of the Maggies new feet. I just used two sizes of round file and filed into the cylinder on the hanger. It has a threaded plastic core, which the top screws into. After you have made a slot, use a slightly larger file to cut back the steel surround so it doesn't cut into the wire. The top is used to skrew down the cable.

Attachments

• SNC13375.JPG
    SNC13375.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,599
  • SNC13374.JPG
    SNC13374.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,629
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.