Best electrolytic capacitors

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
But don't think that if you don't know then everyone else don't know either, that's typical of how low intelligent people think.

This is not what I wrote, I just wrote I don't know and ask anatech to drop some tips to learn. I do think people not able to read and give to others words they had not is how low intelligent people think as the moralists either ;)

And at the end people who think to learn life to others are often full of ego while being less inteligent.

Btw I didn't attack anatech and I don't think he is thinking that. At the opposit I have a lot of respect for the valuable people like him here.

That said, thanks for the tip, I think I will be able to manage family without your advices :) and I'm sorry for that but as you judged me I had to answer.

I believe if we stay on caps subject it will be more usefull instead personal attack. There is no doubt it's a good enough subject because people seems to experiment sometimes a simple non important cap affects things and also every tech seems no to know about art of measurement cause many hifi gears sound not so good...

best regards

This is not what I wrote, I just wrote I don't know and ask anatech to drop some tips to learn. I do think people not able to read and give to others words they had not is how low intelligent people think as the moralists either ;)

Sorry, i didn't attack you. Its a language thing. I don't think that you are the same with the typical i mentioned. It was an advice, not to fall into the trap of thinking that if you can't then nobody can't. This attitude will limit your achievement in learning.

Not really...They are also able to hear 2...4 times softer sounds in all audio range which is a lot!

Isn't that what i wrote? Ability to hear existence of == able to hear softer sound. I was a kid once, hence I have better hearing long time ago than now. But I know that what i can do (i.e. my listening skill) today is a lot more valuable and important than what i knew then.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
Isn't that what i wrote? Ability to hear existence of == able to hear softer sound. I was a kid once, hence I have better hearing long time ago than now. But I know that what i can do (i.e. my listening skill) today is a lot more valuable and important than what i knew then.
NO, it is NOT!
Wives and kids are only better in ability to hear existence of high frequencies, which is not important.
And i suppose you were not a girl either...I may be wrong though...:)

i have an ESR tester, and if the label on the cap does not come to within 50% of measured value, i toss it into the bin....

If the spec says +/-10% why should you accept 50%? I have never seen such capacitor though. Even though I live around market full of fakes. But the best parameter to predict quality capacitor for supply bypass is the dissipation factor (tangent alpha).

Hybrid capacitors

I bought Panasonic ZE 270uF35V and United Chemi. HXC 270uF35V and heard their sound.
They has clear and nice spatial property (depth feelings etc) and non colored character.

Polymer capacitors are generally larger leakage current than conventional electrolytic capacitors and tend to poor depth feelings.
Hybrid capacitor is low ESR and Low leakage current and high rated voltage than popular polymer capacitors and self healing capability.
Their structure and sounds is like a BlackGate, but it overcomes on sound clarity.

Hybrid capacitors are expensive and lesser capacitance than conventional electrolytic capacitors...

Those hybrid capacitors from UCC and Panasonic does not have anything to do with audio path. Check dissipation factor and the leakage (always higher than 50uA's) and you'll get to the picture .. just measure the leakage of the the hybrids with a test jig and compare with Panasonic FC either Nichicon KL series .... just my 2 cents

Last edited:
We can't always afford polypropylene capacitors, much less
Teflon (tm), so we often make do with electrolytics when
we need those higher values.

There's all sorts of caps out there with claims to being better,
and they certainly are more expensive.

My favorite is the Elna silk capacitors, available from Digikey,
and really cheap. The measure spectacularly, sound great,
and the manufacturer's translated description of why they
sound better is a Babelfish classic.

So before you run out and spend a lot on the highly hyped
spendy caps, try the Elna silk caps.

There's hemp in them, too.

:cool:
I order 20 pieces of the Elna SILMIC II from Digikey. Hope to see them next week.

I ordered the same item from Mouser which is backordered to June 16.

It is going into the 3 Sherwood S-6040CP power amplifier for the input cap.

Last edited: