600/600 output transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an ongoing need for cost effective 600/600 transformers for zone isolation in distributed audio installations. There are several choices -
Midcom modem transformers: cheap as chips, perfectly adequate for voice grade media feed applications but run out of steam above 0dBm below 100Hz.
Jensen & Lundahl transformers: Fine for budget no issue top of the line installs.....but this almost never happens - budget always IS the issue.
I'm looking for something in between.
OEP products seem adequate, but they seem closely tied to RS and Farnell, who are my suppliers of last resort (I prefer not to buy my bottle of whisky at "per nip" prices).
Any other suggestions, folks ?.
M
(A midcom with 4 times as much core would do fine)

Why 600:600? Are you running kilometers of 600ohms cables, and have 600ohms sources and loads only? I never saw a need for that 600 ohms stuff from the ancient telephone days.

You could check out Neutrik's and and Sowter's, but then again those aren't precisely cheap.

- Klaus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.