Need Old Germanium transistor datasheets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've recently run into a small stock of 'ancient' germanium type power transistors, but I can't find any datasheets on the web.

I have:
GD170A and GD241B

Both types are in TO66 case, manufactured by a german company named " RoeHRENWERK NEUHAUS", also known for making radio tubes.

The transistors are manufactured in 1975 and 1973.

If anyone has data on these transistors, I would greatly appreciate a pdf or paper copy.

If you need furter info, PM me.

Thanks,
Bouke

Joined 2003
Paid Member
GD170A:
Germanium PNP; AF power output
VCB: 32
VCE: 20
VEB: 10
IC: 3
PD: 6
ft: 1Mhz
hfe: 110

There is GD170(A....C) but I can't find what the letters are for. Perhaps hfe.

GD241B:
Germanium PNP; AF power output.
40V, 3A, 10W
No other data.

/Hugo

Thanks Hugo,

Somewhere I knew you would have data about these...
I have a bunch of AC125 and AC128 as well... I'm looking to adapt one of Nelsons designs to build a Germanium preamp.

I have to take a better look at your Telefunken schematics first to get a feel on "Germanium Design" ;-)

By the way: come to notice that the AC125 and AC128 are quite popular in guitar amplifiers, and they tend to become rare... D'you happen to have any idea on what these babies are worth?

Groeten,
Bouke

Joined 2003
Paid Member
That would make an interesting project. What I know of Ge's is that they tend to leak quite a bit over time, and that the turn on voltage is lower, 0.2 instead of 0.6V.
Interestingly, they are know for a typical sound that is apparently much sought after. Perhaps its nostalgia but I'd like to know what kind of distortion makes them sound the way they do.

I still have a few pairs of AC128/AC176, probably matched, that I can send you for shipping costs if they end up in a nice project.

/Hugo

That is a very kind offer! Thank you!

But perhaps no need... I have about 90pcs AC125 and 70pcs AC128, 20pcs GD170 and 30pcs GD241... all brand new in the box.... :D (the GD170's and GD241's are actually still in their original boxes, as sold from Anna Seghers Neuhaus...)
Then there's a bunch (about 30 or so) OA5, OA85 and OA202 diodes. To me it's a little goldmine....

Thanks to Porcino for that.. he let me have them when he was cleaning up his grandfather's attick....

Perhaps less convenient, they're all PNP types... so either I would need to draw up a design using only PNP, or I would need to get myself a few NPNs.. then I think I have enough trannies here to make a matching pair....

Anyway I would need more help making the design... but I'll put that discussion in the Pass forum one I have something to work on.

Attachments

• dsc00019.jpg
    dsc00019.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 210
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have lots of old stuff lying around in small quantities.
I'm the type that doesn't throw away easily but will never build anything with it.
Most of it can all be had for free since I'm not good in selling stuff but I need to find people willing to build something with it.

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.