op amp/dac data sheet help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jean Paul
Exactly what I was thinking
OPA2604s or similiar(AD8620?).But always have liked the OPA2604.nice sounding little op amp for very little money.Got about 10 lying around.Looking for a workshop manual but as Im in the UK and the SP99D was only released in the US im finding it difficult.First priority is getting rid of the fan that cools the vreg heatsink.driving me nuts.need to find out which ones are the hot ones.Thanks for advice.Smiffy

jean-paul said:
Replacing the C4570 will be worth the trouble. They sound awful compared to even NE5532. Last time I saw them in a DCD2700 I replaced them for OPA2604 which was a big improvement.

I want to do something to a Denon DCD3560 which is a great transport but with some low-end opamps in the analog part.
I have attached a simplified schematic diagram for reference.
The DAC chips are BB PCM58K followed by uPC4570C opamps for I/V conversion, NE5532 for low pass filtering and NE5534 for output buffering.

I have read in some Danish forums that the uPC4570C should definitely be replaced by NE5532 and NOT by ANY jet based opamps. Maybe those people are religious about bipolar opamps since they hate fets so much!?

The OPA2604 datasheet mentions among the applications "PCM DAC I/V conversion". And you have used and recommended the OPA2604!

I am confused about these apparent contradictions.
Any ideas to replacements of the 4570, 5532 and 5534s?
Thank's in advance :)

Attachments

• dcd3560_diagram.gif
    dcd3560_diagram.gif
    95.6 KB · Views: 357
jean-paul said:
Replacing the C4570 will be worth the trouble. They sound awful compared to even NE5532. Last time I saw them in a DCD2700 I replaced them for OPA2604 which was a big improvement.

Sorry if this appears more than once, but something seems to have gone wrong for my PC.

Do you Jean-Paul mean that OPA2604 is better than NE5532 as I/V converter? I have seen in another forum that NE5532 gives a lot of slam in the bass while OPA2604 gives a more sweet and liquid sound with less slam in the bass as I/V converters. Do you agree?
I have even seen that OPA627 as I/V converters are for those who want a direct and "right into the face" CD sound that discloses the difference between CD and vinyl?

What about OPA2604 as I/V converters and OPA627 as buffers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.