insulated turret terminals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for a screw mount insulated terminal of the turret type like in the picture below. I've found what appears to be the perfect replacement only to find they cost EUR 2,70 ex VAT a piece and you have to order 500 pcs minimum :-/ Those are the Cambion 570-3482.

cambion 570-3482

As you can see it's an insulated terminal post with a screw mount from the bottom.

Any pointers to brands or places that sell similar products are much appreciated!

Attachments

• terminal.jpg
    terminal.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 647
Greetings from Ohio, USA.

I don't know how costly it is to get items shipped from USA, but I bought an assortment pack of turret terminals from Electronic Goldmine and it had half dozen or so of those insulated terminals.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GP71

Angela Instruments also has some listed on their site. I haven't purchased this particular item from them, but have made several buys, and they are great to deal with.

http://www.angela.com/

Click on the "connectors" link.

Good luck, Greg

Perhaps a group buy is in order?

These things are getting hard to find in the surplus market, and are very expensive in small quantity. But if you place a big enough order, they are more reasonable.

A while back I contacted a few of the companies that still manufacture them. One, Staffall, came back with this quote:

783A-4-12

100 @ $2.98/ea
500 @ $1.18
1000 @ $.76
2500 @ $.60

del: 2 wks

here's a drawing of this particular part:

780_F.jpg

http://staffall.com/cgi-bin/site/site.cgi?id=780,783

They have many others as well, start at www.staffall.com and browse ("insulated Terminals").

I will (sooner or later) need to place an order, because I only have a few hundred left and use a lot of them.

So if we had 10 people wanting 250 pcs. each...

Any takers?

Pete

Oh, one other possibility: Last time I was in Akihabara (Tokyo) I found some shops starting to carry these things. Metric screw, and Teflon or Bakelite insulators. So it may also be possible to find a source in Asia that may be much cheaper. (Most of this sort of thing in Akihabara actually comes out of China).

Perhaps we could recruit one of the Japanese or Chinese DIYAudio users to help?

The shop I saw them at was in the TRD building (I think SETA Radio?)

Pete

Staffall type 783 or 766 are a bit longer than what I was looking for, but I might be able to squeeze them in. I'd have to check. Otherwise I'm in for a group buy, I could use a couple of hundred myself.

Staffall Type 1417A would be about perfect for me.

I'm talking to Steve at Angela, please have a look at their Nr 6 single turret terminal on the angela connector page (the blue ones). They are a little bit shorter. If those are acceptable then I could make him an offer for 1000 pcs at $.70 and we split them three ways. He was not too eager to negotiate the price but will accept a firm offer.

Maybe people who are hesitant to jump into a group buy for a 250pc./$150 lot of terminals would be more likely to participate if that 2500 were divided into lots of 100pc./$60. And those who wanted more than 100 could buy multiple lots.

That initial expense really is prohibitive to some.

Just an idea to mull over.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.