Building "Munny" Speakers, need advice on damping material, grill cloth...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Building "Munny" Speakers, need advice on damping material, grill cloth...

This is my first DIY speaker project. I was looking for something very simple to learn about the process and components. These speakers seemed perfect. Builders have said the sound quality is decent and the appearance is.. well, I like.

I'm building a pair of these:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Munny-Speakers/

I ordered two dolls and two of the drivers linked from his tutorial. In the tutorial he basically cuts off the dolls faces and glues the speakers in from there. But I have a few materials questions.

What kind of adhesive should I use? The dolls are vinyl.

He filled the dolls with "polyfill" for damping. Where can I get something like this?

Would it be good to put a vinyl grill on the speakers? If so, what is the best way to attach it?

Finally, I still need to purchase an amp and a sub for the system. People have suggested simply buying the logitech z-2300 set and substitution the drivers. This sounds good, but i'd like to hear some other ideas too. The builder used a different amp and sub. Another suggestion that came up was to put 1" tweeters in the munny's bellies. Would this be necessary or might I be fine with the 3" speakers I already have? Also, can anyone inform me on how I could possibly make these wireless?

I would really appreciate any input on this. Thank you :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.