Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

THE non-magnetic parts list
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2015, 04:50 PM   #91
arnyk is offline arnyk  United States
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK View Post
Measurement is not king.

In a nutshell: Observation is king--- that's the heart and soul of science. Measurement is engineering, that's all about looking at life through the rear view mirror.

Please don't confuse or conflate the two.

Come back when you understand a bit more. You will be warmly welcomed.

In the meantime, please do not pollute the thread. Thanks.
The pollution that was introduced here seems to the idea that a measurement is not an observation.

I'd like to see a credible Venn diagram that did not show measurement as a subset of observation.

My goodness man, google the following:

observation measurement experimentation

The above seems to be to be a transparent attempt to assert an agenda of demonizing measurements. Pollution in any intellectual discussion.
Old 19th August 2015, 05:09 PM   #92
SY is offline SY  United States
On Hiatus

Arny, Ken is a poet. Don't try to make technical sense out of what he writes, just enjoy the flow of words. He can be quite entertaining.
Old 6th February 2016, 04:33 PM   #93
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Anyway, his thread is not for argument; or questioning of people's positions on component choices. There's a hundred other threads that cover that discussion. We're trying to get something done here. I appreciate the questions, etc, but the 'audio fight club' belongs elsewhere. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Arny, Ken is a poet. Don't try to make technical sense out of what he writes, just enjoy the flow of words. He can be quite entertaining.
I take it this is the same Arny I went head to head with on the rec.audio.highend message boards back in the mid-early 90's?

The same Arny that argued that 44/16 was good enough for everybody and is essentially perfect? Who was so insistent in everything ----and proven wrong so many times?

don't answer that, I think we're done here......
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan. Sometimes the claims aren't extraordinary. Sometimes the weakness of men's minds are the culprit. Mass mentality has nothing to do with obviousness or truths.

Last edited by KBK; 6th February 2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 6th February 2016, 08:24 PM   #94
arnyk is offline arnyk  United States
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBK View Post
Anyway, his thread is not for argument; or questioning of people's positions on component choices. There's a hundred other threads that cover that discussion. We're trying to get something done here. I appreciate the questions, etc, but the 'audio fight club' belongs elsewhere. Thank you.
You must bed really desperate for an argument, given that the post you have seized on was made 19th August 2015 at 04:50 PM..

Not feeding trolls these days, if I can help it.
Old 21st April 2016, 07:49 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

EVOX/Kemet PFR series low value polypropylene capacitors: Magnetic leads

Panasonic ECW-F low value (eg 0.018uf/630v) polypropylene capacitors: Magnetic leads.

The vast majority of the panasonic ECW-F capacitors are non-magnetic (in the 250v series), but... be wary of design changes.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan. Sometimes the claims aren't extraordinary. Sometimes the weakness of men's minds are the culprit. Mass mentality has nothing to do with obviousness or truths.
Old 5th May 2016, 06:31 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Kemet Bulgarian manufactured metallized polypropylene film caps, series R75L, 0.1uf & 0.047uf value.... 250ac/560dc (long lead, loose/bulk, digikey sourced): NON-magnetic

Which bodes well for the other values in the 75L series (some may not be non magnetic). Price is low, one of the lowest per unit for the given voltage rating, so this might be a go-to cap, if it's sonic qualities pan out.

http://www.kemet.com/Lists/ProductCa...301_R752-L.pdf

Vishay F339X1 AC filter series, 4700pf: magnetic leads (as expected, this is AC power, no copper/tin leads under high voltage mains applications, too risky)

Last edited by KBK; 5th May 2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:24 PM   #97
YouAgain is offline YouAgain  United States
diyAudio Member

Some RG6 coaxial cable has a copper clad steel center conductor. Some years ago I was the chief engineer for big and popular FM radio station. I replaced a three foot section of coax cable between the station's audio processor and it's transmitter with RG223 which has a silver plated copper center conductor. When I got into my car for a listen I was amazed at the difference. Two people who work at the station also commented to me that the station sounded better. Neither of them knew that I had made a change and neither of them had spoken to the other. When I checked to see what the old coax cable was made of I found copper clad steel. The idea of non-linear series inductance for cable seems to make sense to me.

THE non-magnetic parts listHide this!Advertise here!