Rare Sanken's, NEC's, Toshiba's...Real or Counterfeit??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Judging from the other goodies, an "old citizen".

The place he resides in is a hot spot of strong religion, the kind of place a total degenerate S/D/R/R as myself wouldn't last a week in.
Sort of like you spending time with some Amish in Holmes, Ohio.
In general hardworking christians, friendly folks though.

I sometimes buy obsolete devices in such lot numbers from people steppin out of the repair bizz, definitely not for those steep prices though.

"The place he resides in is a hot spot of strong religion, the kind of place a total degenerate S/D/R/R as myself wouldn't last a week in."
Jacco you make me laugh. Come out of your closet and visit H.I.A.
It isn't Staphorst.

But about the transistors ask Sander(KT88) he also know they are no fakes. He bought some and a lot of Alps pots from the same source.:)

Been there, Staphorst and Kampen as well.

Anyone with a ship-thing is familiar with HIA.
I bought pro dye-equipment (compressor/16-gallon tank/hoses, the works) from a retiring painter in HIA.
Very kind fellow, he painted the church adjacent to his workshop with the gear.
I used to be a choir-boy till i got thrown out after climbing the 200ft church, nowadays i feel more like Damian the Anti-C.
But glad you found it amusing, we aim to please.

Nicowico, I did not mean to insult you or suggest that these are indeed fake devices...but given the rarity of them, skepticism is warranted. If the prices were more reasonable, I might have been willing to try a few out. But, not at that price.

Best of luck to you.

Improvement on S3 crossover

I bought S3 and found lower frequency covers the mid. After opening up, saw 2 Wima 0.1 and 1.5uF for high, ICW 4uF for mid and Alcap 30uF for low. Materials are not from high grade components. Replaced Wima 0.1uF with Solen, 1.5uF with Mcap Zn, 4.0 with Mcap Zn 3.9uF and here the culprit, the 30uF now replaced with 22uF Solen. Have to reduce the low section because the small box and 4 inchi driver is not suitable. Just completed and tried out for an hour, overall clarity improved. Will continue tonite and will update after 100 hours of run-in. I still have 12uF Solen to repalce the 22uF if found not suitable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.