Lite Audio MV-01 / MV-06 remote controlled volume/input selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Roffe

Here is a doc that i got Diyclub.biz after a few emails later.
If you use it as passive pre amp it’s very good.:)

I put 10 ohm resistors in R18 & R17 after a week . The volume going all the way down to zero when you change inputs 1,2,3,4,5 and when you power it up.

You could not buy the parts your self for the amount they sell it for and a free remote unit .

On power up my always starts on input 2 when you have built yours let me know what input yours start at.

Attachments

• mv-01.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 1,186
Thanx, Scooby300

Thanx a lot, this was very helpful. :) I think I will also like to have pushbuttons for input selection on the front of my amp to be able to operate it even without a remote. Do you know if that will be possible?

What are the red, white and black leads soldered between the boards on the underside?

I will not use it as a passive preamp, even if you recommend that. It will be part of an EL-84 based tube preamp. At the time of the writing I am still lacking a lot of components, but I will post more about it when I start building.

My pre will be based on a design by Jan E Veiset as found here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92081

I am still not quite sure if I have all the info I need for my use of the kit, but I guess I can ask followup questions in this excellent forum later on... ;)

Re: Thanks

Nappyhead said:
I have the same kit and have been waiting to hook it up. You made it easier for me. One question, what are the connections between the two boards on the bottom for?

Thanks Again

The wires are the output on the vol pot strait to the output on the relay board why use copper tracks when you can have silver plated copper wire. And there is less connections

Attachments

• remote pre amp 022.jpg
    remote pre amp 022.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,884
Re: Thanx, Scooby300

roffe said:
Thanx a lot, this was very helpful. :) I think I will also like to have pushbuttons for input selection on the front of my amp to be able to operate it even without a remote. Do you know if that will be possible?

NO way that i think of because it uses a rotary encoder for selecting

Attachments

• remote pre amp 001.jpg
    remote pre amp 001.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,784
Re: Inputs

Nappyhead said:
I'm just building a box that sits between my pre and power amps. Can I just connect 1 input and just set the selector to number one and just place the switch inside the box and never use it again?
Why do you want to use the relay board if you need only one input and one output. I guess the volume pot board will be all you need.

Transformer?

I am trying to find a good transformer for this kit. What is the minimum VA for a transformer for this kit? The small transformers also have listed two voltages, one for the unloaded transformer and one for the max load transformer.

I have found a 1,9VA transformer which has 9V when fully loaded and 12,9V unloaded. Will that work with this kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.