Capacitor substitute for Nichicon Gold Tune 4700uF 100V cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am unable to find any source for the Nichicon Gold Tune 4700uF 100V cap. None seem to be available at any of the DIY store. I plan to update my McCormack DNA-2 amplifier with these. It is probably a size that is not commonly used.

Would a larger size standard capacitor be a suitable substitute for a smaller size Gold Tune cap? I am looking at the Panasonic TS-UP 6800uF 100V cap as the substitute. What properties does the Gold Tune capacitor have that a larger standard cap cannot match? If it is the ESR and ripple current capacity I would think a larger cap would do an equivalent job.

Percy Audio has 4700uf 80v in stock, don't know if that would be enough as can't find a schematic or specs for the rails.
Otherwise the Panasonics seem to have a good reputation, particularly the TS-HA (although digikey only has these up to 80v in 4700uf).

Otherwise try to give McCormack a call, I'm sure they'd help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.