Using LM324 for active crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
intelceleronman said:
Hi

I have trying to make a active crossover with the lm324 chip. It does not work really great, there is a lot of static in the sound.

Is the LM324 suitable to this?

intelceleronman said:
Ok so I got a TL74 op-amp. I have build a low pass using one opamp. I am powering it from a pc psu to get +12/-12. The problem is that I there is static on the output, is this because it is a switching psu? Is it better to use a psu that has a transformer in?

Thanks
Is the static the same with the two different types? You probably have a grounding problem or the power supply is too noisy. Also, most PC power supplies need a minimum load and it may not be operating properly because of this. It may be creating the "static." You could also try the filter below, even substituting resistors for the inductors. Thanks to Rod Elliot at ESP (Project 69) for the filter schematic.

Attachments

• esp_p69_fig2.gif
    esp_p69_fig2.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 388
intelceleronman said:
Ok so I got a TL74 op-amp. I have build a low pass using one opamp. I am powering it from a pc psu to get +12/-12. The problem is that I there is static on the output, is this because it is a switching psu? Is it better to use a psu that has a transformer in?

Thanks

I didn't read carefully, PC power supply! Some PC PS must be loaded with a minimum load, otherwise they won't work! This minimum load is several ampere sometimes!

What is "static"? Explain please.

Hi

I have connected two 1mh inductors like in the pic, it does take away the static I was talking about. But there is still other noises on the output. If I use a center tapped transformer must the center tap be connected to the signal ground?

I have connected two 9 volt batterys to get 9v-0-9v and it has almost no static.

So what will be the best power supply to build for it? Since a pc psu is out?

Thanks again :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.