RCF ALT 9 new series

Hi everyone, I just bought some RCF 912 A the new 9 series and I notice that it has a lot of low end (bass)

I am a Dj and I use to have the Qsc k12 and I didn't have to eq the kick low end so much when I was playing, with this model if I leave it on 12 O'clock on the mixer it has too much bass. anyone has this new series here and notice the same?. I know for PA Rcf its a good brand . I have only use this in my house not at any event gig yet but it bothers me that exaggerate the bass and I have to eq them. I have a pair and they both have the same sound :(

Yes they have 3 different settings but none of them make a huge diference unfortunately.
They have this new technology called BMC here is the info if you want to check this is what make it sound with more low end. I like to hear the music as it comes and not adding anything extra. Having to eq with my dj mixer when I play as a dj is annoying track after track.

Big Bottoms & the secrets of Bass Motion Control
Low-frequency transducer design gains more stability over higher currents, with less distortion, and is highly efficient in terms of heat dissipation. RCF quality control is strict – the woofers are tested with a 200 hours continuous signal to stress the transducer at extreme levels. Only the best woofer design can fit ART 9 Series.

When searching for an extended bass with enhanced performance, RCF engineers found a way to remove the high-pass filter, replacing it with a forward-thinking approach. BMC (Bass Motion Control), is the newly advanced woofer excursion management feature. Speakers with BMC can handle the lowest audible frequencies without affecting the woofer stability, with extended linearity and better sound integrity.

The BMC method works by creating a complete map of the dynamic behaviour of the woofer, to generate a custom algorithm that only limits over-excursions. This gives freedom of signal reproduction to the transducer. Whereas high-pass filters normally protect the woofer motion from becoming destructive, but change the phase behaviour, the new BMC algorithm breaks conventional rule. In combination with FiRPHASE technology, ART 9 Series has a level of DSP audio performance never achieved in this range of speakers.

Sounds to me like this “BMC” applies frequency and time dependent limiting, like the old Crown amps did with their VI limiters. This would in theory allow one to “turn up the bass” with relative impunity, as the limiting would kick in when needed and allow extra bass to be added when it can. Or let you play really flat to 30 or so, if the level isn’t excessive and reduce it if it is without affecting the additional output you can get at higher frequency. They may have added some built in “house curve” to make it sound bassy, assuming that’s what most DJ’s would want. Not always the case, but often. I’ve heard RCF systems that have a lot of “booooomm - tizz”, but may have been just idiot setups using out of the box defaults instead of properly tuning it.

I’m more or less used to riding both the bass boost and the sub-synth controls because of the drastic differences of bass content between hip hop and classic rock (especially early CD releases, when they were used to mixing for LP’s). You almost have to, just to make it sound like there *is* bass all the time. Back in the early/mid 80’s we used to overdub classic rock with a Bonus Beats track off the flip side of a 12” single - and you really had to ride the bass control. Took two guys to run it properly, sometimes. No auto pitch sync with turntables, and one DJ couldn’t be in two places at once.

Not sure if testing them in a bigger room and louder will make them sound more balanced. But I will as soon as I have a chance. I was thinking in getting and external Mixer and Eq the bass. Just annoying to have to connect and extra mixer since I have my dj mixer when I play