Cable specification for Speakers & Mix-Amp Connection

Hi,

We have the below setup
Mixer: Soundcraft signature 16
Amp: Crown xli 2500
Speakers: 2 x JBL JRX 215
+ sufficient speakon and xlr connectors from neutrik

Now, I need some guidance on choosing the right cables for connecting all these. I am planning to solder these connectors by myself. Please suggest the cable specification.

Last edited:
I used to make my own cables, then I discovered that the materials cost me just about the same as buying the finished cables. I never made another one. Store-bought even comes with a warranty.

For SpeakONs which are screw-terminal that doesn't make any sense as people cheap you on the copper, and you need that copper - watch out for CCA and avoid when buying wire. They are quick and easy to make compared to soldering XLRs. Also the length needed for speakers is usually bespoke anyway.

Ok now I got 14 AWG (2.5 sq mm) 2 conductor wire.
As I already mentioned, I have 2 JBL JRX 215 which i run the above said wires to both the speakers. I take the i/p of both the speaker wire and twist connect the other ends (+ve&+ve , -ve&-ve) and i connect it to speak on connector to +1 & -1 terminals and plug it into the o/p of CH1 in amplifier.

Similarly I connect another pair of old speaker to CH2 of amplifier.

In this case, what amplifier mode should I select? Stereo or parallel?

With your digital mixer or an external processor. :D
Based on your other threads I don't think you have either of those so you may have to rethink. If you put additional speakers further out in a room and feed them the same signal as the main PA they will actually add reverb to the space and make things less intelligible.