Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

BMS 10C262 coaxial build
BMS 10C262 coaxial build
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd October 2021, 07:44 PM   #41
mario222 is offline mario222  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airvoid View Post
The cd needs a lot of finessing with the filters to get right, FIR is your friend here.
Exactly. I was comparing IIR (biquads) and FIR filters this weekend. I EQed driver for the same house curve using FIR and IIR. It took some time and I tried to be precise...
The difference is significant. The sound is more harsh with biquads, FIR produced sweeter and more precise sound. FIR is way to go, at least with this driver. In fact I was so pleased with the result, that I started contemplating FIRs for bass and sub bass drivers. The only feasible solution seems to be computer based DSP for those, becouse of huge number of taps.
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:27 PM   #42
mario222 is offline mario222  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
I realise that 85 dB at 5 cm is not pushing the system that hared really.

//
True. I am curious too, how SPL will influence THD, so next time I try it.
  Reply to this post

BMS 10C262 coaxial buildHide this!Advertise here!