Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Home backyards picture for PA full range
Home backyards picture for PA full range
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2021, 07:07 PM   #1
sandronejm is offline sandronejm
diyAudio Member

Default Home backyards picture for PA full range

Hello,

I am getting a three way (1x) Jbl Prx 818xlf subwoofer + (1x) Jbl Prx 812 Speaker to make small parties in my home and for self enjoyment sound.

PANO-20210613-155654-vr — ImgBB
Photo (panorama): my backyards

If you scream loud, there is an fast echo. But not much.
There is slapback behind the speaker coming from the house building, but can only be noticed behind the speaker.

How can I optimozate the audio experience in home backyars?
Maybe adding more speakers? Maybe wall treatment? Panel difusors?

Please leave your opinion will help me a lot and feel free to share your backyards
Old 13th June 2021, 08:41 PM   #2
ErnieM is online now ErnieM  United States
diyAudio Member

Get a pair of tops and run them in stereo.

Experiment with positioning.

Other than that, outdoors is the best environment for sound.

Especially at the distances you're looking at.
Old 13th June 2021, 10:08 PM   #3
Richard Ellis is offline Richard Ellis  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
How about a pair of Lii Audio fullrange F-18 eighteen-inchers in a front loaded horn, AKA theater horns.

They would be really big & impressive & would fill up any and all outside spaces.

Still way less $$$ than anything made by JBL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick.......
Attached Images
File Type: png BIGHORN.png (18.3 KB, 128 views)
Old 13th June 2021, 10:10 PM   #4
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yes add a second 812 for stereo and then experiment with speaker positions. You will get best results with the speakers right up next to one of the buildings or well away from them... like 20-30ft away.
Old 13th June 2021, 10:22 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Wow! Lii audio f-18 looks superb. Does it need amplifiers?
I would like to have more money to try more speakers, maybe in the future I can do it.
I am getting powered speaker for plug and play in 5 minutes.
Old 13th June 2021, 10:53 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanski View Post
You will get best results with the speakers right up next to one of the buildings or well away from them... like 20-30ft away.
Bing! Near the wall to dont distort waves laterally I guess, more space laterally to waves travel until the other wall.

I will avoid get stereo for a while, I just wanted some bass from the subwoofer to play from 20Hz to 20kHz than stereo.
Old 14th June 2021, 12:30 AM   #7
Richard Ellis is offline Richard Ellis  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandronejm View Post
Wow! Lii audio f-18 looks superb. Does it need amplifiers?
I would like to have more money to try more speakers, maybe in the future I can do it.
I am getting powered speaker for plug and play in 5 minutes.
Yes, the F-18s are eighteen inch diameter full-rangers & require amplification...but very little amplification.
It is my modern take on the very early theater speakers, (TA-4165), at a time when ten-watts was very very expensive to come by.
See "Silbatone,Western Electric, Joe Roberts describes the system, Highend Munich" on Youtube ...a demonstration of ultra sensitive theater loudspeakers built circa 1933.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick....
  Reply to this post

Home backyards picture for PA full rangeHide this!Advertise here!