subwoofers wont work

i have been trying to connect my subwoofer to my Speakers and it wont work. i tested the sub without the speakers and they worked just fine. when i turn on the speakers the subwoofer stops playing what can i do to fix it? i have a mackie thump 618s subwoofer connected to two fbt 12a speakers.

i have my mains from the mixer into my subwoofers then linked them to my speakers. I have tried the other way around so from my mixer to speakers then to my subwoofer but wont work either

Attachments

• jbl sub og top.jpg
    jbl sub og top.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 197
  • mackie sub og top.jpg
    mackie sub og top.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 199
  • jbl.jpg
    jbl.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 198
  • fbt.jpg
    fbt.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 199
  • mackie.jpg
    mackie.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 188
SubWoofer

1-Make sure XLR-3 pinout are compatible,
2-Make sure your LINE/MIC push-switch is set on LINE on your 12A because since both fall paralleled the impedance seen from the mixer could be too low leading to a significant drop or total cut. Remember both are active amp. so input are LINE level.

SubWoofer

On your equipments literature it should be described the routing of signal like for example pin-1 refer to GND, pin-2 refer to signal+ and pin-3 refer to signal-. Some company will follow their own pinout, that's why a check at it will discard that reason if it's OK.

I thought it looked like the main speakers were set for mic input rather than line input too...

Make sure they are set to line in then turn the subs and tops levels down as low they can go.

Bring your mixers output up until it is close to 0dB,

Then slowly bring up the subs and tops to see if you now get sound from both.

Also check whether your mixer has a high pass filter option in case it isn't sending any sub bass content out to the subs.

Also make sure you are using balanced TRS connectors on the mixer outs and not mono ones.

Last edited: