subwoofers wont work

SubWoofer

It would be nice to look at your mixer pinout output spec. And also if your mixer is feading first the SUB then you cannot feed the speaker with just the OUT low-pass or OUT high-pass. The speaker must receive full range signal meaning low+high. If you cannot do it just buy a XLR câble splitter to feed both at the same time with same signal.

if youre thinking about the sub with the speaker on top it doesnt work with it

I'm talking about the sub in your 1st and 3rd pic with the
R17626c91da87237fbadcffa6904944af
logo on the input panel. Are you saying the sub doesn't work or the FBT speakers don't work with it either?

If it's the second case then you have 2 different subs that don't work with the FBTs.. which means the subs aren't the problem, it's either the cables, the mixer or the FBT speakers themselves.

How are you connecting your music source to the mixer?

Last edited:
Your subs are set wrong.
You have full range going to your tops and the polarity reversed on your subs.
you will get a cancellation effect at low frequencies.

On the JBL
Both the Xover and Polarity buttons should be IN.

On the Mackie the High Pass output should be used to connect to the top.
The polarity button should be OUT.

On the FBT J12A both the 'HP FILT' and 'LINE MIC' buttons should be OUT.

Sid.

I'm talking about the sub in your 1st and 3rd pic with the logo on the input panel. Are you saying the sub doesn't work or the FBT speakers don't work with it either?

If it's the second case then you have 2 different subs that don't work with the FBTs.. which means the subs aren't the problem, it's either the cables, the mixer or the FBT speakers themselves.

How are you connecting your music source to the mixer?

im using rca to jack cable witl jack to rca connector using my phone to play music

Your subs are set wrong.
You have full range going to your tops and the polarity reversed on your subs.
you will get a cancellation effect at low frequencies.

On the JBL
Both the Xover and Polarity buttons should be IN.

On the Mackie the High Pass output should be used to connect to the top.
The polarity button should be OUT.

On the FBT J12A both the 'HP FILT' and 'LINE MIC' buttons should be OUT.

Sid.

i tried this still wouldnt work im afraid

me thinks there's a pinning problem at play....and someone else needs to looks at the very first pic in those uploaded, seems to,without a better view from the pic that single ended adapters are at play????

also looks like the x-over is not engaged on the JBL and with the Mackie the output is fullrange so thru put only with no level match??

Last edited:
SubWoofer

Sorry I've been out for days. Like Cal remind me about the initial post and thank you Cal, the problem is when there's an extra hook everything shot down...! As a technician I could see that the load seen by the mixer gets to low and signal is beeing eat by loads. The impedance gets to low. If not, then only wiring seems to be pointed. Like I state before a quick look at mixer and loads (sub + speaker) specifications by manufacturer can lead to a common understanding. That include the pinout explanations.