Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

want acoustic amp with pure tone
want acoustic amp with pure tone
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #11
adason is offline adason  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Hey guys. So my hobby (actually now more than that) is building acoustic guitars. I build them very light and use quality tonewood, so the sound is very clean and pure.

What I'd like is a PA type amp for my home and also to use outdoors (my veranda), to amplify the guitar and singing. No high volume required, but would like at least 4 channels for guitar and voice. What I want most of all is a pure crystalline genuine tone. I want purity of sound starting at low volume.
Sounds like good tube amp should do it.
And some hifi 12" coaxial high efficiency speakers.

Last edited by adason; Yesterday at 12:33 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #12
stv is offline stv  Austria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajo View Post
For guitar & voice, you don't need a subwoofer or response much below 200 hz. that cuts weight a lot.
keep in mind though that the lower E string on guitar has a frequency of only 82 Hz - you do need that!
regards
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #13
bucks bunny is offline bucks bunny  Germany
diyAudio Member

Not really
  Reply to this post

want acoustic amp with pure toneHide this!Advertise here!