Allen & Heath Xone 92 Pro DJ Mixer Value

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was at a high end equipment music store up in Wisconsin and also saw one of these XONE-92 mixers. This one is silver faced. It's been used only about a few times. It's been kept in it's original carton, and doesn't have a nick or scratch on it. Most I've seen are black. It too sophisticated and professional for the owner who had it. What would this beauty go for today as far as value wise?

I've seen 12 channel verions on craigslist here for $300-$500. Ebay is running $400-700 for 14 to 24 channels used today. Where as your stocker numark or Peavey is $100-200. All used mixers may have bad volume pots or other problems.
A premium mixer should actually drive both wires of the outputs, opposite phase. I know for a fact the Peavey PV8 connects the ring of the TRS output to analog ground. At least the PV8 has less hum and AM radio pickup over 4 m through guitar cables than the RCA coax cables my RA-88a mixer uses produce. A hammond H100 organ drives two wires 7 vac opposite phase of it's tone cabinet cable, and those are used successfully up to 100' apart.

Last edited:
Xone 92 is more than a DJ mixer. It has midi and soundcard etc. Also replacable faders. Its expensive because its complex and high quality. Do you need all that? Are you a Ableton/Traktor/Serato and a turntable DJ? If not get a smaller Xone or Rane etc. Dont buy 35 dollar Behringer lol they suck, just as the latest Pioneer.

Ha, ha, ha

I was enjoying by reading the posts of nigelwright7557 and fabricadetabaco!:D:D:D
Recently, I had the chance to make a service on a Xone92.
Great device, loaded with a lot of effects that understand only the DJs (please, respect to you) but also equipped with enough expensive and precious parts. The Alen & Heath name is also very respectable! I will refer only to my negative impressions: a) The SMPS supply is some delicate due to the 85C caps. I changed all with 105C. b) It is enough noisy c) The IDC type connectors and computer ribbon cables that used inside (an old bad practice of UK manufacturers) are looking some... amateurish for a so expensive device. d) I cleaned thoroughly all GND tracks (that was the problem) on the patch PCB because the contact of the inox screws was bad.

Im sure its the best :)

It depends what you want to do.
To just play music at a good quality and the Behringer is fine.

To start adding effects then something a bit more expensive is required.

A lot of DJ's now use a PC and DJ software of which there are various.

I use some DJ software I wrote myself which is basic but does all I want it to.
I have tried Virtual DJ and thats not bad though a bit short on effects.
I think Traktor is another DJ program.

Traktor, Serato, Ableton PC software all integrate well into Xone mixers. If you as a DJ do not use these tools there is no need for a Xone 92 its total overkill, and yes for many a Behringer will do but for Pro Audio I just think its too distorting and noisy compared to a say Rane mixer or an old Vestax.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Those are nice dj desks.
Gobble of headroom ( they run dual rail 15v psu iirc and are ok with pro audio line level), eq are well behaved for techno ( they include kills in attenuation iirc) the VCA used sounds goods. They sound punchy and tight in the low end.
Effects, and soft integration well... i use TT and don't think effects are nescessary when mixing ( but it is style dependent).
What kind of music do you play and with which kind of source?

If itb ( software) it may not be the most interesting choice ( you'll hear the discrepency of badly implemented DA converters with this desk). For analog they are worth a little bit of cash but not 1500 dollars!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.