Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

ART Pro Channel Mic Pre noise troubleshooting help.  Schematics, MP3 & Pics.
ART Pro Channel Mic Pre noise troubleshooting help.  Schematics, MP3 & Pics.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th June 2020, 10:49 PM   #11
MarcelvdG is offline MarcelvdG  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Is the voltage at pin 8 correct?
Old 21st June 2020, 01:33 AM   #12
BassAmp is offline BassAmp  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, pin 8 is getting +15VDC

Last edited by BassAmp; 21st June 2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 21st June 2020, 05:03 AM   #13
MarcelvdG is offline MarcelvdG  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

It could be a broken down A7 or no DC path from ground to pin 3. You have checked R119, but is the connection between R119 and pin 3 OK? That is, if you measure straight from pin 3 to the ground plane with the supply off, do you also get 7.99 kohm? If so, then I think it has to be A7.
Old 21st June 2020, 10:02 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I just measured from pin 3 to the ground plane and I am getting 7.99K. I'm hoping that replacing A7 will bring this back to life. Fingers crossed.

While I have this thing torn apart, and since I need to place a parts order, is there anything I should replace on general principle? The larger power supply caps maybe? I suppose I could recap the whole thing but that might be overkill. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 27th June 2020, 02:46 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I am VERY happy to report that replacing A7 with a new TI NE5532P has completely solved the problem. The hiss is gone and the VU meter now works as it should. It may seem like a very minor repair but I find this very exciting and rewarding. Thanks to everyone who contributed. I sincerely appreciate it.

ART Pro Channel Mic Pre noise troubleshooting help.  Schematics, MP3 & Pics.Hide this!Advertise here!