I confess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many years ago I had a PA system that was the envy of all the land. Four 18" scoops with Eminence drivers shook the ground in all the kingdom. On top, banks of Piezo tweeters deafened with their shrill, harsh tones. But the thing that made me Lord of all that the land that I could see was the unrivalled efficiency and quality of my midrange section. The vocal power of Whitney Houston could be heard, crystal clear, from the next realm, and beyond.

I confess: shoved 8" full-range drivers as far as they would go down the throat of traffic cones.

There was no science involved.

I confess...

I’ve been trapped in time for over 35 years - at “the rave to end all raves” , done with just 3 pairs of large low tuned particleboard cabinets and maybe 800 total watts. Wasn’t the loudest thing on the planet but there was BASS.

“Take your box, and turn it up loud
Before you know it, you’ll be jamming to a crowd
The bigger the SPEAKERS the bigger the SOUND
You hook up an amp, and you shake the ground...”

I can put out a few more dB now, and have a few more feet of total X-max at my disposal, if I can ever shake myself loose from my electronics career and actually have time to play with audio and PA again. One day it will be effing loud, and the earth will move again.

I confess...

In a young mans room at his parents
I can barely remember but this happened
A couple of horns called Beta Coral
Combined with ten inch subs without a moral
Signals was merged and speakers dephased
Amplitudes so large my hearing decayed
A fiftheen inch sub was integrated
It sounded heaven and shiet and I levitated
Crossover points was merely okay
One watt screaming; I will get you laid!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.