Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

KRK Rockit 8 G2 Suddenly stops working
KRK Rockit 8 G2 Suddenly stops working
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2020, 05:44 PM   #1
egijuggernaut is offline egijuggernaut
diyAudio Member

Default KRK Rockit 8 G2 Suddenly stops working

Dear Guys,

i have a KRK Rockit 8 G2. And sometimes it just stops working without a reason. And some hours later its just working again.

I don't think its a heating problem because it also happens if the speaker was switched off for hours.

Any ideas? I already opened it and had a look inside but could find anything unnormal. But I'm not really into this stuff so I will attach the pictures I took. Maybe you guys can see more.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3266.jpg (433.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3267.jpg (346.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3268.jpg (331.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3269.jpg (396.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3270.jpg (493.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3271.jpg (384.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3272.jpg (305.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3273.jpg (327.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 5th April 2020, 06:21 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Speaker or no, does it get hot? A mis-biased amp can overheat without a load. Though you appear to have chip amps which are not adjustable.

Stops working? OK like no sound, but do the lights stay on? Got voltages on the yellow and red wires from the transformer? Got power supply on the pins 4 and 8 of the op amp ICs?

And when it stops working, ball up your fist and whack the top of the cabinet (assuming it is all bolted together), does that make it come back or otherwise react?
Old 5th April 2020, 09:56 AM   #3
JonSnell Electronic is offline JonSnell Electronic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

They all have the same issue and it is caused by that black gunk.
What happens is over time the black gunk absorbs moisture from the air and becomes conductive.
They used the wrong sealant!
Remove it all and then the problem will go away if there is no damage to the board or corrosion on the components.

KRK Rockit 8 G2 Suddenly stops workingHide this!Advertise here!