Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

soundcraft spirit folio SX Psu improvememnt
soundcraft spirit folio SX Psu improvememnt
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2020, 03:41 PM   #21
rozzilla is offline rozzilla  Italy
diyAudio Member

can uo please explain waht B+ means ?
as testing my consideration come from just listening, i had a reading on external transformer by a multimeter, no scope around unfortunatly.
Old 5th April 2020, 04:45 PM   #22
maxmix69 is offline maxmix69  Italy
diyAudio Member

You ask for help, you put a part of the pattern and then you don't know what you mean when you write B +? I'm telling you to try the capacitors and you pretend not to read, I asked you to write in Italian too and you pretend nothing. In my opinion you don't want to solve the problem, you want to waste time here on the forum.

Tu chiedi aiuto, posti una parte dello schema e poi non sai cosa si intende quando si scrive B+? Ti sto dicendo di provare i condensatori e tu fingi di non leggere, ti ho chiesto di scrivere pure in italiano e tu fai finta di nulla. Secondo me il problema non lo vuoi risolvere, vuoi perdere tempo qui sul forum.
Old 6th April 2020, 09:50 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

@max These are tough times for everyone here, i dont see any any reason to flame that way

Quote:
You ask for help, you put a part of the pattern and then you don't know what you mean when you write B +?
eventually i am here to learn

Quote:
I'm telling you to try the capacitors and you pretend not to read
this topic should be about an improvement not a repairing, but I already told you about checking capacitors for a replacement at first unit service time

Quote:
I asked you to write in Italian too and you pretend nothing.
my willing is clearly to leave this discussion open to everyone, nothing against you, really
Old 6th April 2020, 10:39 AM   #24
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

B+ (in this case both positive and negative) is a standard reference to the main supply lines of the device so the +17,-17 volts.
Old 6th April 2020, 11:12 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

thank you for clarfication. right now i dont have the chance to proceed with more specific testing on psu since i have no scope here and more I cannot disconnect this mixer from its rig.
The original idea behind this topic was to assess a possible mod/improvement about psu on the base of these few elements.
I thank you in advance for your time
Old 6th April 2020, 11:18 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

i take it you can't actually disassemble the mixer to do some testing?
Old 6th April 2020, 11:30 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

no i cannot do it now, my wish is to plan a service time (collecting components in advance ) to proceed with testing and/or enhancement
Old 6th April 2020, 11:36 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

well without preliminary tests it may turn out your "hunch" that modifying the supply will "improve" performance may turn out to be an exercise in futility.
Old 6th April 2020, 12:19 PM   #29
maxmix69 is offline maxmix69  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzilla View Post
@max These are tough times for everyone here, i dont see any any reason to flame that way

eventually i am here to learn

this topic should be about an improvement not a repairing, but I already told you about checking capacitors for a replacement at first unit service time

my willing is clearly to leave this discussion open to everyone, nothing against you, really

All right. I understood that you are convinced that the mixer was wrongly designed, your first mistake. You cannot disassemble it for testing and verification, according to your mistake. My request to write ALSO in Italian to speed up the reading you do not think is a right advice, your third mistake. You say you are here to learn, but you don't listen to anyone's advice, your fourth mistake. I wish you to find those who want to waste time with you and to be able to solve the mixer problem, provided that the problem really exists and that it is located in the mixer and not elsewhere. Good luck!
Old 6th April 2020, 12:37 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

i have to admit i am very skilled in these kind of activities )).
however i still wonder why similary sized and priced desk (mackie vlz04, allen wz4) shown consumption figures at least 25% higher (50W, 45W ) than my spiritfolio

soundcraft spirit folio SX Psu improvememntHide this!Advertise here!