DIY PA Project, Multiple Entry Horns + Subs

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm quite envious you got to take them out and they look great. At the moment you have a conical horn so you might want to consider extending the horn an extra 1/3rd with a flare (possibly detachable) to improve the constant directivity behavior in the midrange and low frequency horn loading.

Congrats on your DIY efforts.Thank you for the SoundCloud link. I'm listening. I'm not your typical 58-year-old American; I do like eclectic music and will even listen to stuff like yours. :) While unlikely, I too reserve the right to get naked and crawl over my own speakers, but probably no one will notice.

hello friends!

two small updates on my soundsystem:

1: the system was supposed to play at a festival, but the floor got cancelled on short notice. i took it anyways and opened a small guerilla floor in a small maintainance room in an unused hangar, heres a youtube clip: midas guerilla floor treseuse - YouTube
the festival organizers eventually found out about it, but loved it and even sent djs and equipment for the afterhour^^

2: i designed a kickbass module for the system, to support the subwoofer in the 70-140Hz range, this is how it will look:

YY9hPrS.jpg

i will build 2 of them and load them with double 12". got some cheap Turbosound TS-12W350/8W, ill try these, might upgrade later...

will update after the next few festivals or when kickbasses are done,
cheers, lisette

Reactions: 1 user