Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Sound Systems for Covid19 Community Announcements
Sound Systems for Covid19 Community Announcements
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2020, 04:16 PM   #1
SubSoniks is offline SubSoniks  Wales
diyAudio Member

Default Sound Systems for Covid19 Community Announcements

Happened to mention to the nurse at my local health centre that I had a pile of sound equipment sitting here that could be used for announcements and did they think it would be of help, immediate response was YES PLEASE, we are trying to get a message out that the chemist is closed for 2 hours each day, that would be a massive help.
So sat here now putting together what I can for a portable system and another to go on my shed roof in the middle of the village, also volunteered to try and help get as much sorted elsewhere in my local area as possible.
Just maybe something useful we can do with all this kit sitting around doing nowt.
Old 19th March 2020, 04:28 PM   #2
leadbelly is online now leadbelly  Canada
diyAudio Member

Very cool. My aunt's brother was the town crier in his small town in Italy right up until the 80's. Works great when you had lots of elderly without TV and illiterate as well. He called out with a very specific, exaggerated pronunciation to be heard longer distances. Wonder if you PA guys know all that kind of stuff.
Old 19th March 2020, 04:33 PM   #3
SubSoniks is offline SubSoniks  Wales
diyAudio Member

Great tips, will pass that on, currently thinking that massages could be sent to me via Whatsapp as voice recordings. Comfortable with the acoustics and logistics
Old 20th March 2020, 09:30 AM   #4
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

hear yeh, hear yeh half a season of shows vanished and less repair work coming in means lean times i may have to apply to be a town crier.

Sound Systems for Covid19 Community AnnouncementsHide this!Advertise here!