In Over my head! Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello and thanks for any assistance! I am in Mexico and have built a mini golf / bbar concept. I realized my sound system was lacking and hit Ebay after doing some research. Well I did not do enough research and I do not want to blow the equiptmet I have purchased. Here is what I have:

Mixer:
Pyle pmxu83bt
AMPS:
tpro LZ10k 10000 watt
3065 @ 2ohm, 2125@4ohm, 1350@8ohm
Tpro Ax3000 3000 watt -550@4ohm, 800@2ohm
Monoprice 8ohm 150 watt x 2 rms
SPEAKERS:
2 ROCKVILLE 15.24 3WAY PASSIVE 4 OHM 3000 PEAK - 1500 RMS EACH.
2 ROCKVILLE 15IN PASSIVE SUBS 800 WATT 400 WATT RMS EACH - 4 OHM
2 ROCKVILLE - KPS 12 - 3 WAY - 8 OHM - 200 WATT RMS EACH

ADDITIONAL EQUIPTMENT:
BEHRINGER SUPER-X PRO
TPRO RACK POWERSUPLY
HERCULES DJ CONTROL
AND MORE CABLES THAN I NEED FOR SURE.

WHAT DO I NEED?

HOW DO I SET IT UP?

I DO NOT MIND PURCHASING OTHER EQUIPTMENT IE AMPS
Hello and thanks for any assistance! I am in Mexico and have built a mini golf / bbar concept. I realized my sound system was lacking and hit Ebay after doing some research. Well I did not do enough research and I do not want to blow the equiptmet I have purchased. Here is what I have:

Mixer:
Pyle pmxu83bt
AMPS:
tpro LZ10k 10000 watt
3065 @ 2ohm, 2125@4ohm, 1350@8ohm
Tpro Ax3000 3000 watt -550@4ohm, 800@2ohm
Monoprice 8ohm 150 watt x 2 rms
SPEAKERS:
2 ROCKVILLE 15.24 3WAY PASSIVE 4 OHM 3000 PEAK - 1500 RMS EACH.
2 ROCKVILLE 15IN PASSIVE SUBS 800 WATT 400 WATT RMS EACH - 4 OHM
2 ROCKVILLE - KPS 12 - 3 WAY - 8 OHM - 200 WATT RMS EACH

Additional equiptment:
BEHRINGER SUPER-X PRO
TPRO RACK POWERSUPLY
HERCULES DJ CONTROL
Tons of cables…
Question?
What do I need?
How do I set it up?
Notes:
Completely open to the fact that I should have done this prior to purchasing, and may need additional or replacement equiptment now. Just need to know what to buy. Feel free to let me have it, as I definitely deserve it!
Sound area is large and open. Think beach bar.
I do have my 18th hole which is a 12 ft x 12ft cement pyramid that is dying to be a huge sub cabinet some day soon.
Any assistance will be gladly repayed in full during your next trip to Costa Maya Mexico. Drinks on me for sure!
HELP!
Poco Loco's
Mahahual, Mxll

any chance of seeing a layout of the area you intend to cover? any noise bylaws? how close are your neighbors?

does it have to come down for overnight storage or can it be left out?

you mention "your system is lacking" what do you already have?(or have you come to the realization that what you've purchased is bottom of the line?)

Last edited:
I would place some small speakers around the place for background / ambient music and then some main speakers for the DJ Sunset performance, but You must be more specific what You intend to do, dimensions of the place, nr of people etc..

Don't tell me You want to make a Beach Rave / sunset party for 1000+ people.
You will surely need lots of power in the KW range.

OMG!! Can you send it all back?

Seriously. I don't believe for a nano second that any of those amplifiers can generate the power they are rated for but even at a fraction of that those speakers will die in as little as a few minutes. And they will sound NASTY for the whole time.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Once you go too low end equipment specs become mostly lies. The only bit of gear I can see that's potentialy worthwhile here are:
BEHRINGER SUPER-X PRO
Tons of cables…
attempt to return or sell everything else. The crossover may or may not be useful depending on what other equipment you decide to get.

Then you need to consider:
1) What area(s) are you aiming to cover? (scale diagrams help a lot)
2) What SPL? (background, loud bar, concert)
3) Music genre(s)
4) Music sources? (live, DJ)
5) Budget
6) Does the system need to be weatherproof?

Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I do have my 18th hole which is a 12 ft x 12ft cement pyramid that is dying to be a huge sub cabinet some day soon.

Are you saying that you can do a bit of DIY for things like subs? This might help you lower cost somewhat, especially on shipping, provided you have the time and skills (or access to cheap and reliable labour)...

Edit:
I would like to have a huge Pyramid Sub myself, but I do not have a golf course with bar or equivalent real estate.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.