Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

quick guide needed for a new venue install
quick guide needed for a new venue install
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2020, 08:00 AM   #11
bob4 is offline bob4  Finland
diyAudio Member

Did you say 75-100k for the sound system only????

Get a professional! Not an install sound company/person, preferrably someone from the live sound industry with 2-3 decades of experience in touring and/or resident live sound engineering. If an old school touch is wanted, you need an old school guy. But dont go over the top eccentric old school, use up to date gear esp. For mixers, processing, mics, etc.....
Old 6th March 2020, 06:59 PM   #12
ndcraig is offline ndcraig  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris661 View Post
Class D amps can sound really good, but they have to be well-designed and implemented.

FWIW, I'd try to go with a modern FOH system. Custom-built cabinets for vintage looks, sure, but modern drivers and amplifiers.
You can EQ it to sound "vintage" if that's what you really want, but most visiting engineers will want a flat system to work with.

Chris
Yes, because you want the PA to be accurate and relatively neutral. If you want a "vintage sound" then hire acts that sound that way.
In the world of PA, "vintage" sounding is something we tolerated back in the day but as soon as something better came along we were happy to leave the "vintage" behind!

At minimum just get a good used 850 rig (as "vintage" as I'll ever recommend -as long as it comes with modern processing) and an X32(or M32). That should be able to leave you enough money for stage gear and basic lighting. As a venue you are better off buying to suit artist riders, saves on the arguments and makes booking easier.

Might even be easier at first just to hire/lease a whole package from a sound company, at least until you figure out what the business really needs. That way you can try out different solutions until you get it right.
Old 16th March 2020, 04:37 AM   #13
ThatSoundsGood is offline ThatSoundsGood
diyAudio Member

Get some D&B PA equipment.
Old 16th March 2020, 04:42 AM   #14
ThatSoundsGood is offline ThatSoundsGood
diyAudio Member

Your best bet is to get a local audio company to outfit the whole thing. I can get you hooked up with them if that's what you want. I know several in the New York area if that's where it's at. I have many connections in the live sound business that I will gladly share.

quick guide needed for a new venue installHide this!Advertise here!