Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Looking for Schematic/Service manual for amplifier board for JBL VT4888DP
Looking for Schematic/Service manual for amplifier board for JBL VT4888DP
Looking for Schematic/Service manual for amplifier board for JBL VT4888DP Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Yambo is offline Yambo
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for Schematic/Service manual for amplifier board for JBL VT4888DP

Hi I'm looking for schematic/service manual for amplifier board for JBL VT4888DP line array - I'm hoping that it would be easier to acquire as its a discontinued model.
Out of interest do you guys know if it would be possible to get spare parts for this model?

Thanks in advance
Old 13th February 2020, 09:53 PM   #2
ferret is offline ferret  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Hi there, try this link they don't look to be very expensive.
JBL manuals - Manuals Warehouse
Kevin
Old 14th February 2020, 12:53 AM   #3
simon7000 is offline simon7000  United States
diyAudio Member

I will look at my JBL Pro service files when at the office tomorrow if I remember. This should be old enough it was from before they stopped updating the service data files.

When searching for JBL Pro repair data it all seems to be on the web today if they have released it to authorized service centers.

Just include "service" and "pdf" with the model number in the search request.
Old 14th February 2020, 07:36 AM   #4
Yambo is offline Yambo
diyAudio Member

@ferret - Thanks Kevin, for the link very useful. There is a free pdf online called a technical manual for the VT4888DP but it only shows an exploded view of the speaker and order info of parts. Does not contain a schematic for the amplifier unit. I am just scared that its the same manual for $5 on that link too. Isn't there any way to preview it?

@simon7000 - It'll be great if you have got it in your archive. Do let me know. Thank you.
Old 14th February 2020, 10:32 AM   #5
kipman725 is offline kipman725  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kipman725
Can you find the amplifier part number from that exploded view and then search for that?
Old 14th February 2020, 12:51 PM   #6
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

what sort of problem are you experiencing with this JBL VT4888DP line array?
Old 14th February 2020, 03:00 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I took a look at my files and they seem to have never issued the schematics! Everything they have issued seems to be free on the net!
Old 14th February 2020, 07:26 PM   #8
Yambo is offline Yambo
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Can you find the amplifier part number from that exploded view and then search for that?
I tried doing this and had no luck .

Quote:
what sort of problem are you experiencing with this JBL VT4888DP line array?
Its quite an old system and the current owner bought it second hand. Apparently some of them are having power supply issues and amplifier board issue. I have not seen them yet. Going to check them out this Tuesday. Just wanted to prepare before hand.

Quote:
I took a look at my files and they seem to have never issued the schematics! Everything they have issued seems to be free on the net!
Oh! This was what I was afraid of...

Thanks so much everybody for your help
Old 14th February 2020, 08:06 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

The probable reason why they didn't provide schematics is that the replacement amplifiers are cheaper than Harman's cost to repair them!
Old 15th February 2020, 09:27 AM   #10
Yambo is offline Yambo
diyAudio Member

@simon7000 - ah makes sense.

Looking for Schematic/Service manual for amplifier board for JBL VT4888DPHide this!Advertise here!