Make Mixer to speakers wireless

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have never experienced a latency problem with any commercial wireless. The only related thing is if the speaker is some distance from the transmitter, the SOUND takes time to reach me. Playing a guitar wireless through an amp 50-100 feet away is difficult that way. But that has nothing to do with the wireless, that is the speed of sound in air.

The problem with those transmitters is latency and 2.4 GHz is a crowded band.
I would invest in something like Alto stealth Wireless or an in-ear monitoring system / Mic bodypack or the like.

They use spread-spectrum, I've never had a drop-out with my 2.4G audio link despite sharing the band with the microwave oven. (Mine isn't the Denom one, but I suspect they all use the same silicon radio chips inside).

I work at a school. I have a powered mixer. I want to convert my speakers to wireless speakers. Im trying to get rid of some cabling. Any low budget suggestions? I have 2 speakers. We use some music, but mostly microphone. .
For starters you will have to upgrade to self-powered speakers as there's no way to wirelessly transmit the speaker-level output of your powered mixer

So you will have to use the line level outputs on that mixer instead and send them to any commercially available wireless ear-monitor transmitter & receiver set. Shure, Sennheiser and Audio technica all make decent products for this purpose.
They are stereo (2-channel) too if that matters.

Put the beltpack receiver at the speakers and connect to their line inputs with an appropriate adapter cable

Unfortunately your new self-powered speakers will require cords to mains power unless you can find decent battery powered ones (rare and usually expensive for PA grade units)
The typical consumer bluetooth wireless battery speakers just won't handle the needs of a microphone for public address

Likewise you will need cords from your wireless receiver to each speaker unless you want to buy multiple receivers, one for each speaker. The receivers are battery powered so won't need external power.

Keep in mind the antennas from transmitter to receiver are line-of-sight and any considerable distances or use in a crowded RF environment may require an external amplified directional antenna. All the manufacturers offer these type of accessory products matching their setups.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.