Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Sanway fp14000 experiences.
Sanway fp14000 experiences.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2019, 01:27 AM   #1
Top Shelf is offline Top Shelf  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Sanway fp14000 experiences.

Hi folks.
I have been increasingly been looking at the Sanway fp14000 amplifier as a next step for my sub set up which will include (4) keystones , 18" tbw100-4 loaded.
The price is attractive and there is a growing base of happy users.
Does anyone here have actual field experience with this unit.
Reports say that this, along with the fp20k are great sub amps, fp10000 not so much.
I recognize 1 user (chrapladm) from the following thread but these guys seem insane in their quest for amps with huge burst power, whereas i need an amp that will be playing several types of edm from tech to rolling dnb with sine like basslines.

I currently have a Crest cc5500 for lows and a crown k1 for the tops and will be starting the subs this winter.
There is a short list on the last page of the thread listing page locations of all tested amplifiers if you don't want to read all 1700+ posts

Measuring Amplifiers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Any solid advice is appreciated!
Old 21st August 2019, 07:22 AM   #2
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If you're going to play sine waves at full power, a Crown MA5000VZ will be able to burn out your chosen 18"s. No need to go bigger, unless you've got a good way of limiting the average power being delivered to your drivers.

FWIW, I'd consider using 8ohm LF drivers. That way, 2x drivers per amp channel gets you a 4ohm load, which is where most amps are happiest.

Chris
Old 21st August 2019, 10:24 AM   #3
kipman725 is offline kipman725  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kipman725
There has been some discussion on data bass on amplifiers burning out voice coils with sustained LF from clipped/sine bass lines. To summarise unless you want more peaking power your CC5500 is probably enough to burn your voice coils with the right signal.

Burnt a costly drivers coil with a pricey amp../Followup and prevention of costly mistakes.. - Bass Gear - Data-Bass Forums
Old 21st August 2019, 11:20 PM   #4
Top Shelf is offline Top Shelf  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hey guys.
No i do not like burning up $500.00 drivers. That said, i do have a dcx 2496 and it looks like the fp 14000 has internal limiters as well.
I only have 2 of the b&c tbws right now @ 4 ohm.
I could probably wire the enclosures in series for nominal 8 ohm load per channel on the fp 14k as its 8 ohm output is stated at 2300+ wpc.
I want to expand my sub amp base so at least i can use my cc5500 to power more subs as my system grows.
Anyone actually used this amp for gigs? Still looking for down and dirty experiences.

Sanway fp14000 experiences.Hide this!Advertise here!